Started by jchaos79, 23 June 2010, 09:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchaos79

Hi, I am searching for a figure that could fit with:

- naked or semi-naked
- static (not running pose)
- with sword or spear but no shield
- better if has no headwear

The idea es make a "slave african men" in defended postion / attitud.

Is for a proyect in middle ages (Las Navas de Tolosa Battle), and to take part in a unit of dreadfull slaves-bodyguard in the Almohade army (muslim army)

It will be very appreciate if someone has an idea/reference to fit in (I will need 3 units: 60-90 figures)

I have though that maybe in the colonial era could have something... but there is no pictures, also with the Arab range or some fantasy... but the same problem appear ???

Leon

I don't think we have anything that ticks all those boxes.  There is the Fanatic in the Gallic range (AG2).  He's carrying a small sword/dagger down by his leg, but he's running and carrying a shield, although the shield could probably be cut off.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jchaos79

Thanks leon, I still squeeze my brain to make that unit. Really appreciate it

Blaker

Leon, would AB2 or AB4 work or do they have shields and head gear?  Just a thought and close to the barn where minis are stored :)

Leon

Quote from: Blaker on 30 June 2010, 04:13:48 PM
Leon, would AB2 or AB4 work or do they have shields and head gear?  Just a thought and close to the barn where minis are stored :)

They're fully dressed if memory serves me, as well as shields and maybe headgear.  It's a tricky request to find an answer to!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jchaos79

Sometimes an image is better than thousand words. I wanna make the wall-slave-human unit  (maybe is not obvious with the quality of the picture but they are chained each other and I guess also to the ground)

Leon

Quote from: jchaos79 on 03 July 2010, 12:25:32 AM
Sometimes an image is better than thousand words. I wanna make the wall-slave-human unit  (maybe is not obvious with the quality of the picture but they are chained each other and I guess also to the ground)

I can't find anything that would be suitable.   :(  There's a figure in the Arab range wearing just a loincloth, but he's got a spear and shield.