LOTR in 10mm (most Copplestone Castings)

Started by hetairoi, 06 September 2013, 01:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Great stuff - I feel that the Easterlings are trying to edge away from all the dirty orcs!

As to sizes of orcs - I've got a variety and will try to take some pictures. The copplestone ones are quite slender, should go well with Pendraken goblins. Pendraken orcs are rather unique in style. Don't have the MM orcs, but from their other figures should go OK with these (as do GW ones).
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Sean67

Have you seen Copplestones new 10mm Dwarves.
Your Armys looking awesome.
Regards
Sean

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those Dwarfs are rather good, but I'm happy with my Pendraken ones at the moment...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Arrgh! Copplestone do lovely figures; why don't they produce something useful? So far the only stuff I've found a reason to buy has been some "horse tribe" cavalry as Alan mercenaries for my east Romans and some "city spearmen" as contemporary German infantry. And the crusades are a relatively minor interest of mine, at that.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Quote from: FierceKitty on 17 August 2014, 02:41:52 AM
Arrgh! Copplestone do lovely figures; why don't they produce something useful?

But they are useful to anyone gaming in serious periods rather than dealing in fantasy Meso-Americans :)

I have a dilemma. I was going to use the Copplestone 15mm dwarven command as Fire Giants but now I want a dwarven army and I'm not sure I want identically styled dwarves and giants. Decisions, decisions! 
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

Very nice Sean! I'm doing some Copplestones for a fantasy commision - their wolf riders are *lovely*! Just wish there's more archers in the pack - making a light horse archer type unit is awkward with five in six being lancers or waving sabres :/
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

Good work Sean.  They're based for Warmaster yes?
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Sean67

Hi Luddite
They are based for the BOFA boxset rules GW released. But I know these were actually based on their Warmaster rules.
At the moment I have 7 brigades (3 bases a Bde) for my Rohirrim. I also have 14 Bdes of Orcs.
My plan is to replay most of the main battles in 10mm so still got a ways to go lol.
The unit make ups are a bit of a pain especially with the Orc riders. I've just ordered more Rohirrim and Half orcs but think next month ill have a splurge on the Dwarfs. Ill check If I have one or two spare bows in my wolf riders.
Regards
Sean

toxicpixie

Very nice Sean, they're a lovely set of figures. I do like the BOFA figs as well - for big massed units they're pretty impressive! Really wish I'd had the funds for a copy or two :(
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sean67

Hi Toxic pixie
I bought a copy of the BOFA box set slowly painting them as well.
Ill try and take some pictures of these figures as well not all of the sprue but I have a lot on bases.
Regards
Sean