Additions for the Falkland's range!

Started by Leon, 05 September 2013, 02:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: BH62 on 05 September 2013, 11:01:14 AM
Very interesting Leon. What's about the field gun ?
BH62

The guns for both sides are cast and ready to mould

Dave

fsn

Quote from: mad lemmey on 05 September 2013, 06:50:27 PM
FSN If you look at 'Barrie', he has!

I stand corrected!

Quote from: fred    12df on 05 September 2013, 06:37:51 PM
Why do lots of the 'greens' have blue hands?

The Falklands is very cold.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Quote from: Techno on 05 September 2013, 07:41:39 PM
Hi Fred.
I sometimes use different coloured putties, as I find it easier to see what I'm doing...and also as the different mixes have a different 'feel'...which I find easier to use.....especially on 'small bits' of models.
I mix the blue of 'green stuff' with the 'white' of ProCreate.....It gives a slightly firmer putty to work with.
(I'll also mix the black of PC with the yellow of GS for a similar effect....though I don't find that yukky brown colour as easy 'on the eye'.

I'll also mix Magic Sculp in a 50/50 ratio with other variations of putty to give a really soft working putty, which I find useful for things like fur and hair.

Hope that helps.
Cheers - Phil

Cheers Phil, I guessed it was different types of putties - but didn't realise there was quite such a craft to mixing bits of different putties together to make the right putty for a particular bit of a model.

The rest of you  :P Smurfs....  cold....
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

NTM

Quote from: Leon on 05 September 2013, 06:09:41 PM
Yep, he's holding the shell in two hands, and the bit of brass rod you can see is actually the barrel of his rifle, which is slung over his shoulder!  Bad angle for the photo there, apologies for that!

Wouldn't the mortar fall over then as he's not holding it?

Leon

Quote from: NTM on 05 September 2013, 08:44:06 PM

I'm trying to find the exact mortar model to confirm, but I'm sure it's got a footplate like this:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Nicely done, Phil  8)

Once those field guns are done, I'm in...like a big dog   :d

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Leon - the mortar you have is a very early version, it was gone by 44. 2" for the Falklands is a piece of green drain pipe with a white line painted on it, and a spade with trigger and firing pin. You do have to hold it, gets a bit warm. It only has Smoke by 82, whilst I was in LUOTC we blew the last of the HE ammo up. Were going to fire but in 5m visibility the RSM thought it would be a bit unsafe.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: NTM on 05 September 2013, 08:44:06 PM

Hi N.
As Leon's put above, the base plate would 'hold it steady'.
The thing that gives it the impression of being unbalanced, is having to compromise on the actual width of the 'tube', which for casting purposes is about as thin as I dare go.
As I've mentioned before, at this size we have to compromise with 'scale' for an awful lot of things.
Hope that helps !

Quote from: ianrs54 on 06 September 2013, 07:40:18 AM
Leon - the mortar you have is a very early version, it was gone by 44. 2" for the Falklands is a piece of green drain pipe with a white line painted on it, and a spade with trigger and firing pin. You do have to hold it, gets a bit warm. It only has Smoke by 82, whilst I was in LUOTC we blew the last of the HE ammo up. Were going to fire but in 5m visibility the RSM thought it would be a bit unsafe.
IanS

Ah....Interesting...Now Ian's popped that in, if you want to bung that chap back down Leon, I can soon tweak it !! :)

Quote from: nikharwood on 05 September 2013, 10:45:49 PM
Nicely done, Phil  8)
Once those field guns are done, I'm in...like a big dog   :d

Down boy !  ;) ;D ;D.....Wait.... wait.... wait...... ;)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

There's a few of the Falkland's masters in the same mould as some of the Mongols, so I'm collecting those while I'm spinning off for the Mongol production moulds.  Should be early next year for release, Jan or Feb time.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Are you not worried about cross contamination?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

No....The heat with destroy any 'bugs' on the Mongols, which they got when I bled over some of them.
Remember children...Make all cuts away from yourself.
Unless you're me, and stupid enough to not follow your own rules.

I'm wondering whether this will make certain of the Mongols almost invincible.. :D
Cheers - Phil.

Sandinista

Quote from: Techno on 08 December 2013, 09:20:16 AM
I'm wondering whether this will make certain of the Mongols almost invincible..

Was your prowess as a wargamer that great?

Techno

They don't call me Lucky Dice Lewis for nothing.....
In fact they don't call me that at all. ;)
Cheers - Phil.