'First Look' at the new Mongols!!!

Started by Leon, 05 September 2013, 02:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

05 September 2013, 02:45:05 AM Last Edit: 11 November 2013, 02:52:47 AM by Leon
And they're here!  After the success of our 'Not-Kickstarter' Mongol project, Techno has gone and produced what are quite simply fantastic sculpts!  This first batch is mainly the foot codes, which were done while we've been moulding and casting the new pony dollies, so Phil will be moving onto the mounted chaps next!

Foot command:

Archers:

Camp followers:

Civilians:

Hope you like them, and there's more to come soon!

8)

EDIT: More pics!

Light cavalry with bow:

Light cavalry with lance and bow:

Light cavalry with sword:

(ignore the red putty, this is just a feed to help with the first stage of moulding)

Medium cavalry with bow:

Medium cavalry with lance:

Medium cavalry with sword:

Heavy cavalry with bow:

Heavy cavalry with lance:

Heavy cavalry with sword:

Mounted Command:

Keshik Bodyguard:

And we've also got the Yurts, made by TinyTerrain!

Genghis and his Generals:

Hope you like them!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

TinyTerrain

http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sandinista

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

barbarian

I already see other uses for the camp follower and the civvies (Fantasy... :) )
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shedman

Well done Phil - they are excellent

Alan

mollinary

Great work, Phil, almost enough to tempt me into another period - almost ;) ;D ;D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Terrific, Phil. Could almost tempt me into a period in which I have no interest at all! (No, I'm not Irish)  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

seano1815

WOW :P those are beautiful Phil can't wait to see the rest, hard to believe they are 10mm.
all the best
Sean

O Dinas Powys

Awesome  8)

Definitely think the civvies and campies will be coming to live in my lead hillock ASAP!  :D

Also, take the civvie with the staff, add the archers and you have the core of a "Father Christmas and his militant Ice Elves" HotT army  :-\  :d
Just need some fur-trimmed spearmen and a polar bear or two to complete the project! Did anyone else read about the famous northern legion of reindeer mounted Mongols?! They must have existed or I'd never have thought to mention them... ???

Cheers,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: barbarian on 05 September 2013, 08:09:16 AM
I already see other uses for the camp follower and the civvies (Fantasy... :) )

Yup, definitely!  8)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

How did I miss this thread, fantastic !
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 05 September 2013, 09:36:04 AM
Also, take the civvie with the staff, add the archers and you have the core of a "Father Christmas and his militant Ice Elves" HotT army  :-\  :d
Just need some fur-trimmed spearmen and a polar bear or two to complete the project! Did anyone else read about the famous northern legion of reindeer mounted Mongols?! They must have existed or I'd never have thought to mention them... ???

Tin snips, craft knife, brass rod - I'm sure these could become your spearmen. You'd only need seven - one with red nose :)

Khurusan 15mm "Deer Hunters"

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 05 September 2013, 09:45:40 AM
How did I miss this thread, fantastic !

You were in bed asleep - like all sane people - when Leon started it at quarter-to-three this morning...?  (:|  I-)

;)