Fenian Invasion in 10mm

Started by streetgang, 04 September 2013, 03:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

streetgang

So, with the release of the new ACW and 1860s Canadian militia ranges, it becomes increasingly possible to field armies for the Battle of Ridgeway. The Fenians are easy enough (mix of Union and Confederates in light kit). For the Canadians, a mix of shako and porkpie caps would be ideal. The Canadian militia range has the shako, would the Crimean War British in tunic and pork pie hat do the trick as well? Are these older sculpts or fairly recent? Thanks!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

The Crimeans are older sculpts, and wouldn't match up too well with the newer figures in the Fenian and ACW ranges.  We do however have some pork pie variants of the Fenian troops coming soon, we just need to get them cast up ready for production moulding.  Not too sure on timescales, so I'll have to check with Dave on that.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dave Fielder

Any news on this ranges?
Is there an army pack and if so what is in it.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leon

Quote from: Dave Fielder on 10 January 2014, 08:25:40 AM
Is there an army pack and if so what is in it.

Yep!  Stuff...  We've not got a proper listing for it yet, but I've checked with Dave and it contains:

1 packs of cavalry
1 pack of artillery
1 pack of rifles
5 packs of mixed infantry with command (including at least a full 30-man pack of rifles with their command).
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

predhead

Leon

Quote from: Buckeye on 30 August 2015, 02:06:45 PM
Any word on those pork pie hat offerings?

We've got a load of them cast from the master mould, just need to get them checked over and into the production mould queue.  Unfortunately they dropped down the priority list a little with us working on other things.

streetgang

Any idea when the porkpie hat Canadians will be available? Thanks!

Leon

Coincidentally I was speaking to the designer recently as he's just done some more figures for this range as well.  Those should arrive with us at the end of November and then they'll go into a master mould.  With those and the pork pie chaps, we should be able to get them all moulded up and released.  It might not be until the new year though, as we need to get some other ranges done first.

8)

streetgang

Most excellent! I think I can wait until early 2016. You've piqued my curiosity about what other figures will be added...

streetgang

Any word on when these Canadians will be released? I'm looking forward to the pork pie chaps...

Leon

Yeah those have been delayed somewhat haven't they!  To be honest I have no idea where they are in the queue, I'd need to check through some of the master moulds to find out what stage they're at.

Leman

Any chance of some of those Canadians (or indeed Zulu War figures) getting the British 1880s Home Service helmet. Combined with troops in pork pie it could produce some very interesting what if? invasion of Britain by Germany/France/Russia towards the end of Victoria's reign.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Probably not at this point but I'll note it down.  The Fenian range was commissioned by a friend of ours and hasn't sold it great numbers, so I don't think we'd be adding anything to it in the near future.