Warlord Games Pegasus Bridge

Started by Nosher, 30 August 2013, 05:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

I'd like to know who has this sort of 'disposable income'  :o

Lovely set, but why do they have to come with figures? Most people will surely have them anyway?

http://www.warlordgames.com/store/new-releases/pre-orders/ham-jam-pegasus-bridge-collector-s-edition.html

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

fred.

I was just looking at that - reading it all through, and going that sounds really nice, could be tempted even though its 28mm. Then I clicked through and found the price - I'm not sure what I was expecting but not £275!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

You only get one Airborne squad which is a bit strange. Anyway, all mm gaming is now in 10mm or smaller :D.

Leman

Produced for the that bloke whose wargames room is a converted stableblock in his grounds (green-eyed devil  :d)
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

petercooman

nikharwood

It is a thing of beauty - not at that price though...

NTM

get2grips

Have to re-programme your head that this is 28mm!!!   8)

Hertsblue

Now, if you hadn't squandered all that money on food and clothes and rent you could have afforded one of those.  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

Quote from: Hertsblue on 02 September 2013, 09:30:22 AM
Now, if you hadn't squandered all that money on food and clothes and rent you could have afforded one of those.  ;)

If he hadn't squandered the money on rent he might have had to live under it :-)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

nikharwood

Apparently (I don't play BA), they might have to tweak some of the Bolt Action rules - Brit Paras have a range of 24" for rifles & 12" for Sten...so they'll not be able to shoot the length of the bridge  ;D

Ithoriel

Quote from: nikharwood on 02 September 2013, 12:17:35 PM
Apparently (I don't play BA), they might have to tweak some of the Bolt Action rules - Brit Paras have a range of 24" for rifles & 12" for Sten...so they'll not be able to shoot the length of the bridge  ;D

I guess that's an advantage of Chain of Command's "if it's on the table and you can see it, you can shoot at it" approach
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nosher

Quote from: nikharwood on 02 September 2013, 12:17:35 PM

And at 31" long you wont have too much table left to play with if on the traditional 6x4 table which BA is designed for...
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson