Airplanes

Started by Si Tyler, 29 August 2013, 07:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Si Tyler

In between 10mm NWF and sorting out stuff to flog at colours I have been back doing USN/USAF aircraft for my Vietnam project.

1965 era USAF

And

USN 1965 - 1972 matching VJ Deck Tan as light gull grey means refreshing some earlier aircraft
VF-21

VF-151

Techno

petercooman

Nice!

What scale / make are these?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Are those Tumbling Dice?

If not, why not?  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Si Tyler

These are Tumbling Dice  ;)
in terms of scale they are 1/600th or 3mm

Currently working up a pair of F-14A Tomcats for a 1981 Gulf of Sidra scenario from a pair of old models in need of refresh as well as a couple more F-4B with underwing stores including at least one USMC bird

Duke Speedy of Leighton

They are just beautiful models, and you've done a brilliant job on them!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

I was convinced they were 1/300th until I read the caption. I admire anyone who can get decals on anything that small. I particularly like the Thuds. Crap aircraft, nice model.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Si Tyler

Knocked these two up when I got home from work

The TD sculpts are a little rough but that is due to me not cleaning them up enough

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those details are brilliant.
Love them.

Hertsblue

Nice painting, Si. F14s a bit late for Vietnam, I would have thought.  :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

nikharwood

Very nicely done, Si, very nice  8)

Si Tyler

Quote from: Hertsblue on 31 August 2013, 10:44:41 AM
Nice painting, Si. F14s a bit late for Vietnam, I would have thought.  :-\

For these two particular ones yes. However.....The was a possible F-14a deployment  in Linebacker III on the USS Enterprise in 1975.  But yes my project while focussing on Vietnam was started as a refresh of my USN Aircraft using VJ Deck Tan for Gull Grey

Si Tyler

Pukin Dog and Black Falcons

Been looking at shearing on the air wing I'd letters as well and have reached a reasonable point for now. Current issue is running out of dullcote :(