Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hello all

Some pictures of the fighting in Shanghai 1937:-

http://www.japan-guide.com/a/shanghai/image.html?1

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Steve J

Thanks for this link Grumpy. Some very informative pics there of a conflict a know very little about.

Hertsblue

Extremely interesting, Grumps. I don't suppose many of us would have any idea of what Shanghai looked like between the wars.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

29 August 2013, 08:58:41 AM #3 Last Edit: 29 August 2013, 09:06:52 AM by mad lemmey
The lady of dear couple who used to be my neighbours before they passed on was born in Shanghai and was evacuated in 37, Said she would never go back! It was only later, after she suffered massively from Alzheimer's,  her husband told me she was evacuated to Singapore, before being relocated to... Dunstable!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 August 2013, 08:58:41 AM
The lady of dear couple who used to be my neighbours before they passed on was born in Shanghai and was evacuated in 37, Said she would never go back! It was only later, after she suffered massively from Alzheimer's,  her husband told me she was evacuated to Singapore, before being relocated to... Dunstable!

Poor woman - to go through all that and end up in "Dunstable" :d

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Hertsblue

Isn't Dunstable a sprawling metropolis bustling with life, just like Shanghai? Damn, I've dropped my white cane again....   ;)

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Wargaming in the old "beehive" hall there was a little like playing by moonlight. It's a supermarket now - sic gloria transit mundi!

www.rulesdepot.net