Nachod 1866 using Age of Valor

Started by tschuma, 26 August 2013, 10:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

That's a great looking battle - very nicely done  8)

Hwiccee

Thanks guys it is nice of you to say so but you are being a little too kind. I really wish I had terrain like tschuma's :(

I wasn't going to post up anything as this was just a quick game done with whatever was to hand. Some friends of mine turned up unexpectedly and so I just threw the game together with whatever I had. Dour Puritan: This is why we used 1859 period Austrians. I couldn't find my 1866 greatcoated Austrians (I subsequently remembered I have loaned them out) and it looked like we would have to use Napoleonic Austrians as 'stand in's'. But then I remembered the 1859 guys and so we used them. It was a similar story with the terrain. It was largely improvised and we did without roads as I couldn't find anything suitable.

But the guys who played, one of which took the photos, said I should and that people might like to see a game with our version of the Fire & Fury idea. We have up scaled to make the large battles of the period more doable. But the decider was tschuma's post, I think we were literally playing at the same time! Or at least judging by the time he posted his report we might of been :)

Leman

I recently lost al my eastern theatre ACW commanders. Naturally they turned up in an unlabelled bag inside an unlabelled box; which takes us all back to the thread on what is your workspace like?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!