Realistic corn or wheat fields

Started by chalkie, 25 August 2013, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chalkie

Ok lads maybe one of you can tell me , how do you make realistic corn / wheat fields ? Always wanted to make one but never come out right.

Heeeeelp !

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Go to your hardware store and buy a doormat. Cut it up into random quadrilaterals and irregular shapes, flock the outside edge.
May be a little tall for wheat, but rye and other eighteenth century crops were taller than modern wheat.
Works great for 15mm, but tall for 10mm.  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

get2grips

Doormat for me: is too large for 10mm though.  This guy does some beauties: http://www.terrafirmastudios.co.uk/

Fenton

You can try teddy bear fur with a little PVA combed through to make is stand, then take a cheapo pair of dog hair clippers and trim it all
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

GordonY

Get2 I have some of those and they are made from doormats.  :-\

get2grips

25 August 2013, 08:24:15 PM #6 Last Edit: 25 August 2013, 08:40:08 PM by get2grips
Quote from: GordonY on 25 August 2013, 08:08:57 PM
Get2 I have some of those and they are made from doormats.  :-\

Quote from: get2grips on 25 August 2013, 07:01:19 PM
Doormat for me: is too large for 10mm though.  This guy does some beauties: http://www.terrafirmastudios.co.uk/

Don't understand?

:-/ :-/ :-/

chalkie

Steve J

They look like doormats to me as you can see the 'rubber' base material.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That's why if you flock or paint that bit, it helps.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Teddy fur works well for 10mm. Doormat is more 15mm.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!