My Buntai for Osprey's 'Ronin' skirmish rules

Started by Ferb, 24 August 2013, 10:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferb

Just added a post to my blog looking at the figures I've chosen for Ronin and a breakdown of my first two buntai.

Ferb

Ferb

Having sorted out my buntai for 'Ronin' I decided to paint up a test figure to see how my planned colour scheme worked. I also wanted to see if the dip obscured the detail on these 1/72 figures.

Pictures can be found here.

Ferb

Nosher

Like these Ferb, like them a lot.

Was put off doing Ronin by the cost of the figs for something I might never get around to. I have had a number fo samurai 'armies' in the past twenty years none of which have ever been finished. Foundry armies, Two Dragons, Pendraken to name a few :-[

This might be the way to go if I can source the figs cheaply ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ferb

Thanks. I had doubts about Ronin in 28mm too but these 1/72 cost me less than £8 for 44 figs. So I thought it was worth a punt.

irregularwars

Really great stuff there! I'm surprised how nicely the 1/72 figures painted up. I've always found the detail really lacking is plastics like that - but then it'd be 20 years since I owned a box of them so the production tech may have improved.

Looking forward to seeing more.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!