my first 10mm AWI

Started by chalkie, 22 August 2013, 04:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: get2grips on 23 August 2013, 05:27:28 PM
 Techno is a genius.   =D>

I wouldn't say that Gareth....Though it's very kind. ;) :-[
Check out some of Clibby's stunning work....and the other designers.
I'm not the only one.....Just probably the one with the biggest gob. ;)

Cheers - Phil.

get2grips

Quote from: mad lemmey on 23 August 2013, 07:32:26 PM
Flesh is paint, wash is inky (dip, dip in water, apply) highlight as you wish!  :D

Hmm...will try  :-bd

get2grips

Quote from: Techno on 23 August 2013, 09:03:36 PM
I wouldn't say that Gareth....Though it's very kind. ;) :-[

Okay...you are a BLOODY GOOD sculptor: any dissenters... :-w ...no!  There you go  :D

Ace of Spades

I don't mean to swear in church or anything like that but personally I like the use of Armypainters quickshade... so sorry if this subject has already been discussed here in depth!
I've been painting figures in all sorts of scales and in all sorts of techniques for the last 30 years or so but the Armypainter quickshade really got me back on track with painting wargaming units. I'm now using the 'strong tone' (which is the medium, brownish, one) for my 10mm Boer War Brits and I really like the overall effect plus the extra bonus of it really protecting your paintwork when playing with the figures. Drawbacks certainly are the ridiculous prce of the stuff and the fact that you absolutely need a matt coat to get a decent finish but it realy speeded up painting units for me. Also; make sure to start with a lighter colour then what you intend to get cause the quickshade does make all colors darker. I know inks and washes can bring you the same effect but usually ask for a lot more time and layers.
If you want you can always paint in some highlights afterwards and with some 20 or 28mm units I do but these figures seem to come out great without the extra effort.
As soon as I find out how to post pictures here I will certainly show you how they worked out... unfortunately computers and related stuff are not my strongest point...

Best regards,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!