reaper miniatures

Started by raykey, 21 August 2013, 01:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raykey

Hi
Just received a couple of 10mm vehicles from reaper miniatures. Maybe I'm being a bit picky but they strike me more 6mm when I put them at the side of my pendraken figures. Any thoughts on this or anyone else any comments

Leon

I didn't know they did any to be honest!  Have you got any pics of them?

:-\
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Quote from: raykey on 21 August 2013, 01:09:19 AM
Hi
Just received a couple of 10mm vehicles from reaper miniatures. Maybe I'm being a bit picky but they strike me more 6mm when I put them at the side of my pendraken figures. Any thoughts on this or anyone else any comments

If you mean the CAV range I believe they are US 'N' scale, which makes them 1:160, so smaller than 10mm but larger than 6mm.

May be barking up entirely the wrong tree here of course - in which case ignore me!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

raykey

Hmm thanks for that, saved me  some money there.
Leon if you go on the minifig site under reaper and 10mm  click on the. Link and then the various names for pics, I'll continue to convert the pendraken vehicles

Leon

Thanks for the info, I've found them now.  As ithoriel says, they're labelled as 'N' scale on the Reaper site, so 1:160th.  We scale our vehicles to 1:150th, so it's not far off, but noticeable.  The Mecha in the range would be OK though I'd think, the size differences shouldn't be as noticeable.

We're going to be working on some more Sci-Fi vehicles further down the line, as well as some interesting conversion options in a '1946' style range.  We've also got some walkers which have been moulded and will be getting prepped for production before the end of the year.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

To add to the confusion, I'm told by a friend who is a model railway enthusiast that UK 'N' scale is 1:148 but US is 1:160. There's something I never thought I'd want to know :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Quote from: Ithoriel on 21 August 2013, 11:25:43 AM
To add to the confusion, I'm told by a friend who is a model railway enthusiast that UK 'N' scale is 1:148 but US is 1:160. There's something I never thought I'd want to know :)

Yeah, that's always a fun one to throw in when people ask if our stuff is 'N' scale or not...  :D

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Leon on 21 August 2013, 02:03:38 PM
Yeah, that's always a fun one to throw in when people ask if our stuff is 'N' scale or not...  :D

it's MADE to a scale ?

ianS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 21 August 2013, 02:29:17 PM
it's MADE to a scale ?
ianS  ;)

I make mine in C sharp.  :P
Cheers - Phil

Hertsblue

So long as they don't come out in F flat.  :P
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

Isn't F flat, E ?
(And why isn't B flat, A sharp ?)
Cheers - Phil  ;)

Hertsblue

Dunno, guv. I can't tell a crotchet from a carburettor.  :-q
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

raykey

thought a picture would help, if I can get it to work, pendraken marines on the left, reaper malefactor tank in the middle(obvious really) and angel barracks 6mm on the right