Gates & fences...

Started by Wulf, 18 August 2013, 05:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

OK, I've got hedges worked out, I'm working out how best to do/buy walls, but can anyone advise on where I can get (or how I can make) reasonable looking 10mm scale fences &, more importantly, gates? Fences of all types, and gates mostly of the farm, 5-bar & the like type, but gates in general.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Timecast do some good stuff as well. Nearly as good as Pendraken.

Beware though, I've ordered 10mm stuff from them and got 6mm.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Some nice stuff at guagemaster, thanks Leon. Strangely, though, most of them don't give lengths for the pack contents...

Ithoriel

I got some 15mm scale fences from Ironclad at Claymore to use for Eastern Front scenery.

http://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/shop/category_17/Fences.html?sessid=6Huy70MD6io3n0m17Pvvsyg8TG9WU792cdcN7cH61hmE3xEuFfH7IVhYUYr8WkpY&shop_param=cid%3D%26

They are a little over man-height for 10mm which is what I wanted.

Not painted up yet though
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Wulf

Nice. They do bocage gate sections too. Thanks

NTM

Quote from: fsn on 18 August 2013, 05:28:43 PM
Timecast do some good stuff as well. Nearly as good as Pendraken.

Beware though, I've ordered 10mm stuff from them and got 6mm.

Isn't some of their stuff supposed to be multi scale e.g. 10mm hedge is also 6mm bocage.

fsn

Yeah, but I was ordering cars.

There was a fault on the ordering page of their website. May be fixed now.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Quote from: fsn on 18 August 2013, 07:07:53 PM
Yeah, but I was ordering cars.
maybe that's the reason for the ludicrously oversized 4x4s these days...

Techno

Wulf

Interesting, yes. Not a form of fencing I'm familiar with, I don't think it's applicable to 1940 France, where I'm initially preparing for. Was it used in Europe, West or East?

GordonY

nope thats purely a US of A type fencing, great tutorial though

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Wire fencing with lots of swearing - square section solid plastrut, cotton and mounting board. Drill a pair of holes in the plastrut, then drill and glue to mounting board. Thread cotton through the holes, and tie off. Paint the uprights a brown to taste, cotton gunmetal, and sand/flock the base. You can substitute small tile spacers for plastrut.

ianS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Wulf

Where do you get Plastruct in the UK? There used to be a lovely little Model Railway shop in Glasgow, but it's gone now, and I've lost access to brass tubing & plastruct...

In good news, eBay seems to be full on N gauge fencing...

Techno

Hi Wulf.

Good place for brass rod, tubing and lots of other odds and sods......(including things like very small drill bits.)....(Huzzah !!)
They might even do Plastruct or something similar.

Scale Model Shop Ltd......Get a lot of my stuff from them....Quick and reliable !

Cheers - Phil.