How to tackle resin buildings?

Started by Aart Brouwer, 16 June 2010, 01:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aart Brouwer

I ordered and received some Pendraken resin buildings and I want to paint them. Could some of our more experienced members tell me how I can get the best results?

1. How do I prepare the model? Do I just wash & prime it?

2. What do I do to flatten the rather thick and unequal plinth underneath the buildings?

3. Once I've got them primed, do I paint the buildings 'from the inside out' like models?

4. Is acrylic paint okay or do I need other stuff?

All suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Leon

Start by giving them a good wash in warm water.  The bases can be sanded down quite easily, although we are looking to buy some kind of lathe, to flatten the base down before we send them out.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

A good disc sander (ideally with extraction) will do the job for you Leon. If you need advice pm me and I can suggest some makes from the Axminster tools catalogue.