1809 French (My First 10mm)

Started by anchorite, 11 August 2013, 08:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorite

Apologies for my English.

First of all, amazing minis. I was not expecting this level of detail. Awesome work.

I read a lot of posts on forum then I tried a few different ways to paint. I was not only looking for painting method but a fast-painting way. I am the only one in my gaming community interested in napoleonics, so I need two armies to make demostrations for potential players.

After black undercoat, I simply overbrushed grey, then white. After making mostly drybrushing for faces, backpacks, vs. At the end I used some paints mixed with varnish for blue and red parts. I still don't know what to do with bases. Probably like those on pictures, I will make them darker then usual for minis to stand more.

Thanks for all suggestions and comments. :)

Fenton

Good work ....Always better to get them painted quickly and get them on the table where there meant to be
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

petercooman

Your technique works very well if you see the whole unit!

:-bd

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Very nicely done  8)

I would give the bases a light drybrush, just to 'lift' the tone a bit & brighten the overall effect of the unit - it won't detract from the figures  :)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

kev1964

Great effect for a fast paint job, have to agree with Nik, a quick dry brush would make them stand out even better,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Great to see more Pendraken Napoleonics on the Forum! Looking forward to seeing the Austrians - straight from their wars with the Turks!  :)
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

get2grips

If you want to soften the drybushing you can follow with a wash to blend and "pull" everything together.  Otherwise, good job  :-bd

chalkie

Really nice painting and the 10mm range from pendracken are cracking mate.

Hertsblue

Nice work, Anchorite. Looking forward to seeing more.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net