Diorama's to provoke

Started by Fenton, 26 June 2013, 03:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Not sure what to make of this...yes its great modelling, is is a suitable subject?...It is thought provoking though

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Phobos

Well, I like it. It´s an excellent way to not forget what happened then. The only "but", if that it could be considered a "military" model.

nikharwood

Superbly done - and sensitively done, I think.

HPFlashman

I wouldnt call it "nice" but its very competently done.

As to suitability, I would say that it depends on context.
Best regards,

Harry

Bernie

very thought provoking - would not be out of place at the Imperial War museum's exhibition on the final solution

Fenton

I should add the diorama is by  Rick Lawler and Markus Lack
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Orcs

While its a sensitive subject I think this is very thought provoking and tastefully done.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Hertsblue

If you've ever been to Auschwitz you'll know that even today, seventy years on, it's a silent, grim place with a heavy atmosphere, even in bright sunlight. Not sure I approve of anything connected with the concentration camps becoming the subject of a model. It smacks of disrespect.

Incidentally, the famous gateway with the railway line running through it isn't actually at Auschwitz, it's at Birkenau a kilometre or so up the road.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

mart678

Have been to Belsen its not till you go in that you notice how quite it is very erie also the mound with the number of bodies buried there!

barbarian

I don't see how this could be disrespectful.
This is a great piece of art.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Anything that reminds us what bastards we can be to one another, if we allow ourselves to be, can only be positive.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Luddite

Of course its a suitable subject.  Why wouldn't it be.

:-\
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Techno

Very fine model, whatever your point of view.
I agree with a lot of the points above.
Cheers - Phil.