First Look: Chain of Command by Too Fat Lardies

Started by Ferb, 17 June 2013, 10:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just buy 1/2" washers from your local car parts place, 100s for not very much...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

NTM

I prefer to use MDF keeps thickness consistent with all the various shapes of base.

Wulf

Sadly, the 1/2p sellers are either selling them by the half dozen, or charging postage for a security company to hand deliver...

sunjester

I was also thinking of basing on 1p's. But clearing out the garage I just found a couple of hundred washers with small holes, 15mm diameter and almost as thick as 1p coin. I think I'll use those for the grunts and put ncos/officers on pennies.

I've dug through my odds box and found enough Fallschirmjager and German infantry to make a platoon of each, except for the lmgs (order on way to Leon), so I can get started whilst waiting for the release date!

Nellkyn

My current plan for basing 15mm for CoC, sorry Leon, is OR on round bases and NCOs and officers on hexagons and/or octagons. All in MDF and from Leon. Hope that make up from playing CoC in 15mm.  :D

Wulf

Quote from: NTM on 05 August 2013, 11:39:40 AM
I prefer to use MDF keeps thickness consistent with all the various shapes of base.
One problem I have with MDF, and most other good, solid bases, is the thickness. If I have a 10mm figure, it'll have maybe another 1mm or so moulded on base. Add another 2mm for the base... Suddenly all my lovely 10mm scale buildings look way too small! The figures have to crouch to get in the doors...

Leon

Quote from: Nellkyn on 07 August 2013, 05:16:12 PM
My current plan for basing 15mm for CoC, sorry Leon, is OR on round bases and NCOs and officers on hexagons and/or octagons. All in MDF and from Leon. Hope that make up from playing CoC in 15mm.  :D

8) :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!