Show: World Wargames

Started by Leon, 06 August 2013, 02:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Rob

I'll be there Saturday afternoon. I'm going to pick up some shiny Bavarians.

Friedland

Determined to grab some of your fabulous WW2 figures!

Also, if anyone's inclined I've three 28mm Indian Mutiny Armies (fully painted) on the bring n buy at absolute bargain prices. They'll stand out a bit so don't think you can miss 'em!!

Sounds a bit cheeky to mention them here....but I fully intend that all proceeds will be sunk into further Pendraken purchases on the day!!

Rob

Had a lovely day at Derby yesterday. picked up some Bavarians and I must say they are beautiful. They will get pushed to the top of the painting queue.

I also acquired 2 books:
"With Eagles to Glory" by John H Gill. This about the German allies of the French during the 1809 campaign,
And "La Grande Armee" by Georges Blond and translated by Marshal May.

That should hopefully keep my painting enthusiasm alive.

Seemed to bump into loads of old mates,  :) but didn't see any forum members.  :(

get2grips

Was there today (Sunday).  Cracking day out.  Always seem to find something I've never seen before (Dead Man's Hand).

Picked up my minis from Pendraken: thanks again Leon and Dave for the 11th hour order.

So now have 100+ hobbits to paint and have my Mongolian Death Worms: awesome :-bd

Great show  8)

Leman

Good show yesterday and better than expected. As per picked up more than I intended but did get everything I actually went there for. However one of the few trips to a show where my purchases of non-figures far outweighed the figures (three 15mm ACW packs). Mainly buying paints, varnish, terrain, bases, inks etc. Finally realised that its time to paint and play with the stuff I've been buying over the last 10 years. Next 10mm project will be the Saxons for Dux Britanniarum and some British cavalry for same. Good to see everyone at Pendraken and hello again Goatmajor!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Good to see everyone this weekend as well!

Quote from: Rob on 29 September 2013, 07:38:07 PM
but didn't see any forum members.  :(

There were quite a few knocking about, but they may have been keeping themselves anonymous...  I think about 10 were present off the top of my head.

Quote from: get2grips on 29 September 2013, 10:13:14 PM
Picked up my minis from Pendraken: thanks again Leon and Dave for the 11th hour order.

No worries!

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 29 September 2013, 11:03:15 PM
Good to see everyone at Pendraken and hello again Goatmajor!

Good to see you too, and where did Goat disappear to?!  I turned to serve a customer and he ran off!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Friedland

An overview of the Derby Show along with some photos here (plus some waffle from me!):

http://whippedraw.blogspot.co.uk/

goat major

Haha sorry I think I got distracted by something shiny ! Good to see you DP and Leon !
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Techno

Quote from: Friedland on 30 September 2013, 05:55:45 PM
An overview of the Derby Show along with some photos here (plus some waffle from me!):

Nice pics, that man !
Cheers - Phil.

Leman

Excellent news Friedland. Another devotee of the Age of Moltke.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

All you lot were certainly hiding from me.

Highlight - Leon trying to stop me buying stuff from Steve Oates - particularly since Leon got MUCH more of my money.

Cent and T54/5 look excellent.

As to show - played 4, lost 4, spent far too much, - £30 on a giant Turkish insect like carrier for DW, 10 Opels - 1 Box of Cromwells, from PSC, 6mm Samurai, Attack robots from and 30 15mm figures from Irregular, 1 B17, 2 F8, 2 A10 and Torpedoes from TD, a Rat team for DreadBall.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021