Forces for Chain of Command

Started by bigjackmac, 05 August 2013, 02:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

Greetings all,
    This is my inaugural post here, but I've been lurking on the boards (and collecting Pendraken) for several years now.  I'm a big fan of the Lardies, and in preparation for the release of their upcoming "Chain of Command" ruleset I've put together a force of German FJ and British infantry for NW Europe action. 

Each force has a set of leaders, infantry AT (PIAT & PzSchreck), MG, medium mortars, light mortars (I used Wehrmacht for my FJ as they don't have their own code for 50mm mortars, and I used Brit Airborne for the Tommies because I had some spares handy), engineers (again, Wehrmacht for FJ), and a number of infantry (rifles, SMGs, and a set of PzFausts for the FJ).  I borrowed a Brit AB radio for each side (again, spares lying around), and then I sprung for the Mongtomery and Rommel/Ramcke models to use as Platoon Commanders (just for some personailty).

Here is the link: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/mcdanielte/library/

I hope you all enjoy.  Now that I'm officially posting here, I'll have to get some picks up of my other Pendraken stuff.

V/R,
Jack

Leon

Hi Jack, thanks for the pics, and welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

bigjackmac

Thank you Sir, I appreciate it.  I'm a big fan of your work  ;)

Jack

nikharwood

Nicely done, Jack - and welcome (openly) to the forum  8)

Steve J

Welcome on board and good to see your CoC forces in 10mm :).

Hertsblue

Howdo, Jack, good to have you aboard finally.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Techno

Welcome from me too Jack !
Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  Now that I've made the leap to posting pics I'll have to start working on getting the rest of my collection documented.

FSN - I love your single-mindedness regarding the Centurions.  From what I've see your desire if for Korean War.  Is anyone giving any thought to some T-54/55s plus the Centurions (and M-48s from the Vietnam range) for a little Arab-Israeli wars?  I was eye-balling the Argentinians and figure they could probably pass for mid-60's Israelis with the proper paintjob (could also use the French-Indochina .30 cal MG for Israelis).  I haven't seen pics of the Vietnam lines' NVA w/AK-47s and RPGs (with helmets), but maybe they could pass for Egyptians/Syrians?

Forgive me if that's heresy, but I'm all for 'proxying' in 10mm, that's part of the attraction of the scale for me.  :D

V/R,
Jack

Last Hussar

Ferchistsake, don't encourage him.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fsn

Quote from: bigjackmac on 06 August 2013, 12:30:35 AM
FSN - I love your single-mindedness regarding the Centurions.  From what I've see your desire if for Korean War.  Is anyone giving any thought to some T-54/55s plus the Centurions (and M-48s from the Vietnam range) for a little Arab-Israeli wars? 

Thank you and "Hell yeah!".  Can use some M3 half tracks, but would probably want a BTR 152.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Fenton

Quote from: Last Hussar on 06 August 2013, 01:26:52 AM
Ferchistsake, don't encourage him.

Has no one pm'd Big Jack with the copy of  FSN's  Doctors note outlining the number of times were allowed to mention a certain tank
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fsn

A picture is worth a thousand mentions.