10 mm figures for All Quiet on the Martian Front

Started by randynovotny, 23 June 2014, 01:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randynovotny

23 June 2014, 01:38:18 AM Last Edit: 07 August 2014, 05:12:37 PM by Leon
like the idea of the game but cant afford the 15mm ninis. :-X

FierceKitty

I believe they refer to themselves as ninnies.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Wulf

The figures won't be a major issue - use WWI minis - but the vehicles will. I have found a couple of really nice Tripods via Shapeways, but one's too big & one's too small...  :(

Leman

.... and the third walked away with the prizes (but only in Devizes, I believe).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Use the Pendraken tripods as err, tripods? Not the same style, but nice mini's nonetheless.

Vehicles - I'd just sub in the WW1 tanks, possibly adding in the Inter War vehicles for variety. If you're not using the "real" mini's, then as long as you're happy with the look of the proxies it's fine, I would think...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Wulf

That is a nice one, problem is, although it says 10mm scale, there seems to be no indication of size. As far as I know, the only height given in the original text was "taller than the tallest pine tree".

The two I have are
https://www.shapeways.com/model/606590/extraterrestrial-tripod-war-machine.html?modelId=606590&materialId=6
which is a lovely steampunky design, but a mere 55mm tall, and so possibly undersized for pine trees...
and
https://www.shapeways.com/model/173547/martian-war-machine-kit-large-catcher.html?modelId=173547&materialId=6
which is a beautiful design, and closest I've ever seen to the original description, but a mighty 150mm tall, and so a bit big for 10mm scale!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Brigade miniatures do some nice ones, may just have to check the scale...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

The Brigade Models "Olympians" are 6mm scale and have a number of different walkers. Nice figures but a bit small for this I think. Tripod is maybe 40mm tall as I recall.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Fenton

Troublemaker games have told me that their tripods are about 6cm tall depending on pose
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

raykey

07 August 2014, 11:48:57 AM #10 Last Edit: 07 August 2014, 03:45:45 PM by Leon
troublemaker tripod and Pendraken ww1(if I get it right :-\)

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner