Sculpting 10mm goblins

Started by _si_, 20 July 2013, 11:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_si_

I've been trying my hand at sculpting in 10mm. I'd really like an army of diminutive goblins in 10mm and Pendraken are the only guys who have a goblin range and it seems a little large for my tastes - more the skinny, lanky orc archetype rather than the sneaky, cowardly little fellas archetype.

Anyway, here's my first go:

I've just gone for a very basic pose with a spear. He (it?!) needs more work on the head I think just to smooth things a little bit. As I said they are supposed to be slightly smaller than average 10mm fantasy mini this is him next to some Pendraken Romans which you can see on the archer are 10mm bang on to the eye level, he's about 8-8.5mm to the eye, 9-9.5mm to the top of the head.

The grand plan is if I like them enough I'll try and sculpt up enough poses to make a nice army, maybe 5 different infantry with mixed hand weapons, couple of archers, command and then see if I can afford to get someone to cast them up for me.

The other thing I'm working on to stop myself going blind is a big giant to help the little fellas out. This guy is about 40mm to eye level so he's a big 10mm giant, no point messing about. Intending this is a one-off bit of fun. Very rough at the moment, not happy with right foot and the shorts need lot more work. I should also say I bulk out the skeleton and basic muscle groups first - he's going to be podgy so everything from the waist up is just basically an armature for now!

Techno

Very impressive for a first go Si ! :-bd
Cheers - Phil.

fred.

I like the goblin. Very nice.

The plastic Battle of Five Armies goblins by GW are quite small - but are cast in strips of 7 or so on a 40mm frontage - so no use for individuals.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

nikharwood

Jc

Very well done,light years ahead of my 1st attempts.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

WeeWars

← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Kassad

Really nice. Good sculpting!!
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Phobos

jchaos79

Luddite

Really nice first go Si.

The goblin's spear thingy needs some work, but other than that, pretty good.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Steve J