10mm Pendraken Ancient shield decals?

Started by Dannyboy, 20 July 2013, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyboy

Hi was wondering with the suggested further revamp of the Ancient range if there was any chance of accompanying decals by LBM studios, wondering what the general feeling is out there and whether it would be worth suggesting?. Obviously if there was interest, would include a link to this in email to LBM studios. Anybody out there interested?. Personally would love Syccessors and Republican Roman to fit the Pendraken ranges.

Cheers all Dannyboy

Fenton

Any time I have emaailed LBMS about shield designs they have always been more than helpful. Whether  or not its economical for him to do more in 10mm is another question
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fred.

The baggage train do 10mm scaled shield transfers - defiantly assorted romans, not sure about others.

Do Veni Vedi Vici do 10mm as well?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leman

The Baggage Train decals do not have a central hole to accommodate the shield boss.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

clibinarium

For the Late Roman range I chatted directly with Steve of LMBS, and he produced some for that range. I thought they'd be a good idea as Late Roman shields are hard enough to paint on 28s never mind 10s. They do take a couple of goes to get the hang of but once you do they are a breeze to use. The trick is to punch out the boss holes with a hypodermic needle before you cut them out of the paper. This unit was done with LIR(PEN)3

LIR(PEN)2

http://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=88_95&osCsid=19d12b31716e988d28836c2f2d1e0789

Whether or not people buy them or not I don't know, but sales are key to more being produced. I think I recall him commenting that his preferred route is that manufacturers stock them rather than him selling directly. But the point is people have got to buy them in order to encourage more.

Leon

Steve at Baggage Train has been showing us his designs as he's done them, so it might be worth looking at both those and the LBM ones.  I'll make a note to send out some emails.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Those Late Romans really do look the canine's thingymebobs.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Fenton

21 July 2013, 09:09:27 AM #7 Last Edit: 21 July 2013, 09:14:00 AM by Fenton
Quote from: clibinarium on 20 July 2013, 04:32:08 PM
For the Late Roman range I chatted directly with Steve of LMBS, and he produced some for that range. I thought they'd be a good idea as Late Roman shields are hard enough to paint on 28s never mind 10s. They do take a couple of goes to get the hang of but once you do they are a breeze to use. The trick is to punch out the boss holes with a hypodermic needle before you cut them out of the paper. This unit was done with LIR(PEN)3

LIR(PEN)2

http://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=88_95&osCsid=19d12b31716e988d28836c2f2d1e0789

Whether or not people buy them or not I don't know, but sales are key to more being produced. I think I recall him commenting that his preferred route is that manufacturers stock them rather than him selling directly. But the point is people have got to buy them in order to encourage more.

Well that's fair enough I reckon...I did get some of the MM ones and they were really nice
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Dannyboy

Cheers guys appreciate the feedback, the level of response is i'm sure crucial if the decals were to go ahead, I was hoping enough people will add to the thread to show LBMS that it could be a viable  option, especially as the Late Romans posted above illustrate, quality decal designs make a huge impact (add Late Roman Army to the to do list). So please if you would be interested in the idea, sign on and pass the word around and see if we can get the ball rolling on this.

Cheers all

Dannyboy

Duke Speedy of Leighton

After painting six units of late Romans so far....
PLEASE DO 10mm TRANSFERS.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner