Pendraken walls & hedges

Started by Wulf, 16 July 2013, 09:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

Can anyone point me at pics of Pendraken scenic walls & hedges, preferably with Pendraken figures for scale? There are loads of oics Pendraken figures with walls of some sort or another, but I want to be sure the walls are Pendraken too... Most of the walls I see available elsewhere are for 15mm figures, and I want my 10mm to be able to see over my walls (although, with the figure base, and a unit base under that, maybe 15mm scale walls would be better...)

petercooman

Wulf

Thanks, gives me a look at them, certainly, but nothing for scale.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

The hedges are somewhere close to 10mm high, so the Falkland's chappie I've just used could only just see over them.  If your figure was based and the hedge wasn't, then they'd be fine.

The walls are lower, about 7mm-ish I'd think?  They've got a bit of a broken down look to them, so more ruined than perfectly intact.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

Quote from: Leon on 16 July 2013, 10:16:26 PM
The hedges are somewhere close to 10mm high, so the Falkland's chappie I've just used could only just see over them.  If your figure was based and the hedge wasn't, then they'd be fine.
Sounds OK. I'm tempted to make my own hedges anyway, from that 'clump' stuff. Not sure which is cheaper... How tight is the bend in curved hedges & walls?
QuoteThe walls are lower, about 7mm-ish I'd think?  They've got a bit of a broken down look to them, so more ruined than perfectly intact.
Dry-stone or more modern? They'll be in a war zone, so I guess broken down is understandable...

Leon

Quote from: Wulf on 16 July 2013, 10:21:12 PM
Sounds OK. I'm tempted to make my own hedges anyway, from that 'clump' stuff. Not sure which is cheaper... How tight is the bend in curved hedges & walls?Dry-stone or more modern? They'll be in a war zone, so I guess broken down is understandable...

The bend isn't major, something like a 120 degree angle if that makes sense?!

The walls are drystone types.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

Quote from: mad lemmey on 16 July 2013, 10:15:03 PM
Timecast, range 37
Yes, I've seen those, and they look nice, but the hedges are more for rural hedges, field boundaries, etc. Not the somewhat neater hedges I'd expect within villages & around houses, even in the '30s & '40s...

(Hmm... that got me thinking... considering how my own hedges grow in a year, what WOULD hedges look like by 1945?)

And, again, they say they're suitable for 10mm scale, but with no comparison figures... come to think of it, they don't even state lengths!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

They are mixed lengths, including t sections and corners. most are about 3" I have them and their lovely.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )