Subscription to create new ranges!

Started by Wkeyser, 16 June 2010, 11:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I'm expecting the 'standard' Naps to sell very well, it's the one major range that we've been missing for some time.  We were originally looking to get those done, and then work outwards from there to fill in the other areas, but if we can find a method which suits everyone, then we'll see what happens.

There's always been a lot of demand for the Fantasy.  When we first launched the range, many years ago, it was almost half of all our sales, and it seems to have had a bit of a resurgence this year, which is great.  I think maybe we'd grown a bit stale in that area, as we hadn't released anything for it in years, but we've had a few things designed this year, with some more to come, and maybe that's put us back into the mix a bit.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

There's some fascinating info & discussion in this thread  8)

Coolio to see the fantasy ranges as resurgent: for me, having been a long-time Pendraken fan but (so far) resisted the fantasy, I'm looking at them now - both to do some WM (I sold my WM armies - one of my big regrets really), BoFA and dungeoneering...

WW2 - no surprises there then: the PD range is *stunning* - I've got a *lot* of WW2 stuff and am forever wanting more...love it  8)

The AWI range is beautiful as is the SYW (which I'm working on at the moment) - at some point I'll get round to the AWI too (reading Mark Urban's "Fusiliers" at the moment - if you're doubtful about gaming the AWI, read this - guaranteed to make you drop cash on the line!)

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 28 June 2010, 10:48:09 PM
Coolio to see the fantasy ranges as resurgent: for me, having been a long-time Pendraken fan but (so far) resisted the fantasy, I'm looking at them now - both to do some WM (I sold my WM armies - one of my big regrets really), BoFA and dungeoneering...

WW2 - no surprises there then: the PD range is *stunning* - I've got a *lot* of WW2 stuff and am forever wanting more...love it  8)

WW2's the big boy now, so much so that Dave spends all his casting time doing 20th C. orders.  Some good stuff coming in the July releases for the WW2 fans.

Be good to see you getting into the Fantasy as well Nik!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Mate - I've always been into fantasy  :P

Oh - hang on - you were talking figures... ;) ;D 8)

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 29 June 2010, 07:29:40 PM
Mate - I've always been into fantasy  :P

Oh - hang on - you were talking figures... ;) ;D 8)

You haven't seen the July Releases yet!  We've got whips, chains, fluffy dice and some extra large tubs of Nutella!

nikharwood

;D What's that old saying?

Sticks & stones may break my bones...but whips & chains excite me. Or something.  :P

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 29 June 2010, 07:32:26 PM
;D What's that old saying?

Sticks & stones may break my bones...but whips & chains excite me. Or something.  :P

:-X

:D

von Winterfeldt

The glory years are actually only 1805 and 1806 - then at 1809 - there is already a decline, but it is the last campaign Napoleon won.

There seems to be quite a lot of interest in the 1805 / 06 campaigns and notably the Russian, Prussian and Austrian Armies for that.

As to the French Revolution versus 1809 I cannot see a big overlap other than for example Austrian infantry of 1800 / 01 with helmets and back packs - which only marginally showed up in the French revolutionary wars at the end of it.

In my view the French Revolutionary period suffers precisely from that aspect of not being taken seriously and that up so far no high quality and extenisve range of figures exists.
Honi soit qui mal y pense

Blaker

Quote from: von Winterfeldt on 30 June 2010, 08:27:37 AM
The glory years are actually only 1805 and 1806 - then at 1809 - there is already a decline, but it is the last campaign Napoleon won.

There seems to be quite a lot of interest in the 1805 / 06 campaigns and notably the Russian, Prussian and Austrian Armies for that.

As to the French Revolution versus 1809 I cannot see a big overlap other than for example Austrian infantry of 1800 / 01 with helmets and back packs - which only marginally showed up in the French revolutionary wars at the end of it.

In my view the French Revolutionary period suffers precisely from that aspect of not being taken seriously and that up so far no high quality and extenisve range of figures exists.

I agree that the Revolutionary period suffers from both high quality and extensive range being available. I like the early period but am holding off building til the range is more complete, but once it is then look out sister!

Finish up those Fantasy releases so Nik can get some relief  :P  He plays solo for crying out loud!!!   ;D

nikharwood

QuoteFinish up those Fantasy releases so Nik can get some relief  :P  He plays solo for crying out loud!!!   ;D

Nothing wrong with that - I'm much more likely to win...not to mention the obligatory "playing-with-myself-and-loving-it" jokes  ;D

Blaker

LOL - Nik!!!

BTW - your pictures of your painted minis are awesome  :o

Keep up the great work and I dont remember did you or did you not purchase the Dungeon set? If so, have you been playing with Steve's Dungeon World rules?

nikharwood

Quote from: Blaker on 01 July 2010, 02:47:34 PM
LOL - Nik!!!

BTW - your pictures of your painted minis are awesome  :o

Keep up the great work and I dont remember did you or did you not purchase the Dungeon set? If so, have you been playing with Steve's Dungeon World rules?

Thank you  :-[

I've not picked up the Dungeon set yet - although the new package will be on my wishlist...I've got a couple of other projects on the go, but work is manic at the moment & I'm off my pace really...the distraction of the World Cup has contributed to this as well of course  8)

I will be having a bash with Steve's rules  - and others...I still retain a fondness for D&D and B2 - Keep on the Borderlands, anyone? Ah...nostalgia  ;D