Greetings from Turkey

Started by anchorite, 13 July 2013, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebigboss79

Quote from: anchorite on 14 July 2013, 10:22:14 AM
This is probably the warmest welcome I've ever received from any internet community. Thank you your kind words. :)

Merhaba! Sword or Pistol, good sir? 

Welcome, yes we are a friendly bunch here. Even being a German I have yet to be beheaded.  :-\ Strangely I think I posted the first joke about Germans some years ago....

Anyways, 10mm is way to go. Pendraken has almost any kind of range you could possibly be looking for, For me it is Fantasy mostly.

Cheers

Roland

Kiwidave

Roland, you must be like Boris Becker then - the Pendraken forum's favourite German :)

And Anchorite, welcome! :)

mollinary

Welcome! It can get a bit strange at times, but it is all in good heart!  :P  I do not know a friendlier forum in our hobby, nor a better informed one. People on here know the answer to the obscurest questions, and are always willing to share.   Odd, isn't it?  :-\ :-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

fsn

Quote from: mollinary on 14 July 2013, 05:12:32 PM
People on here know the answer to the obscurest questions, and are always willing to share.

You do know we all just make stuff up don't you?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Well, we know you do, fsn  ;) ;). I, on the other hand, am never anything other than entirely truthful! :-[ :-\ :d

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Hi!  :-h

10mm Napoleonic for me, too!

www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809.htm

Cheers, Michael
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

19 July 2013, 10:58:00 PM #21 Last Edit: 20 July 2013, 12:20:19 PM by nikharwood
Welcome, anchorite  :-h

barbarian

Quote from: anchorite on 14 July 2013, 10:22:14 AM

Merhaba! Sword or Pistol, good sir? 

This answer just made me lol.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Hi and welcome, Anchorite. I think you're the first member we've had from your neck of the woods. We're gradually filling in the 10mm world map.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

I have ancestors from Constantinople, before it became Istanbul. One day I WILL have a 10mm C18th Ottoman army.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Orcs

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 20 July 2013, 03:06:13 PM
I have ancestors from Constantinople, before it became Istanbul. One day I WILL have a 10mm C18th Ottoman army.

You Only missed off "AND I SHAL RULE THE WORLD!!! " followed by an insane cackle  :)

Welcome Anchorite

Of all the forum members I am the only sane one - Its the people around me all dressed in white coats that are mad  ;)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Don't listen to him Anchorite. He says "orcs", but we all know it's really just hill goblins with delusions of grandeur.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 23 July 2013, 09:07:46 PM

Of all the forum members I am the only sane one - Its the people around me all dressed in white coats that are mad  ;)

This forum is like Fight Club..Orcs is the only real person on here t..Orcs pretends to own a company called  Pendraken but in reality he sits in a small bedsit with a casting machine making models for himself
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

sixsideddice

Greetings, and welcome to the merry band of brothers....   a few sisters in the house as well.

:)