Bruce Weigle at Colours

Started by Steve J, 04 July 2013, 07:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

For those of you that might be interested, Bruce Weigle is putting on a participation game at Colours this year, Rossbrunn 1866 in 6mm. Not sure if it is actually Bruce putting it on, but that's the info I have so far. Time permitting I'm going to check this out.

mollinary

Steve,

It was certainly Bruce's intention earlier this year to be doing this game at COLOURS personally. If he still does, it will certainly be worth a look.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Thanks Mollinary, I will certainly check this out.

Dave Fielder

I think it's true ... I'm interested
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

mollinary

After posting the question on the 1870 yahoo group, the master himself has replied!  IT IS TRUE! He will be among us at COLOURS (or should that be renamed (COLORS for the occasion?).  He will present the Battle of Rossbrun 1866, between the Prussians and Bavarians. It's a lovely place, if you are ever in the area, but the Bavarians still lost-ish!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb. I will definitely have  a gander at that!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dave Fielder

I think the word should remain "Colours" we are still in the home country, and we should also host Bruce with plenty of English Tea.

My US Army colleagues in Iraqistan very much appreciated my attempts to re-educate them in the errors of their ways back in the 18th Century, I think Obama will make an announcement soon about the banning of coffee, and issue an apology about spoiling the Boston Tea Party.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!