Fantasy Mermaids

Started by TheKatanaDan, 02 July 2013, 03:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKatanaDan

One for the Fantasy accessories range probably, or the Fishmen, but I'd love to get hold of some mermaid figures.

I envisage the figures sat on rocks, beckoning to unwary (or lucky!) adventurers, classic, so-beautiful-it-hurts mermaids, clamshell bra-clad or bare chested, long flowing hair, basically what you seen when you Google "Mermaid"!

Bit of food for thought. ...And just for a good ol' fashioned ogle;

Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Or the Red Dwarf mermaid...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

OldenBUA

Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Jc

Are you after something like the ones i made and cast up, for my fish man army in this years painting comp (see photos),if so i still have the masters,and moulds.

fsn

Ummm. I've just been looking at pictures of the fish-men range, and they seem to be, well,  fish but with with arms and legs.

So a Mermaid, which isn't totally scaly, and doesn't have legs seems a little ... dare I say it ... out of place? (No-pun intended.)

Surely a fish woman would be like a fish man and if were going for some semblance of biological similarity almost identical to a fish man? No boobies, no long flowing hair, just cold dead eyes, scaly skin and unpleasant breath (... sounds like my ex-wife).

Now, if we had a mer-man army, I could see the logic.

I'm also getting worried that I'm trying to see the logic in mer-maids and fish men. Time to lie down in a darkened room.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Why are they called Fantasy Mermaids?....Does mean there are real ones?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dunnadd

Grenadier did a nice 25mm one in the 80s

sebigboss79

Quote from: TheKatanaDan on 02 July 2013, 03:29:08 PM
One for the Fantasy accessories range probably, or the Fishmen, but I'd love to get hold of some mermaid figures.

I envisage the figures sat on rocks, beckoning to unwary (or lucky!) adventurers, classic, so-beautiful-it-hurts mermaids, clamshell bra-clad or bare chested, long flowing hair, basically what you seen when you Google "Mermaid"!

Bit of food for thought. ...And just for a good ol' fashioned ogle;

Alyssa Milano?

Dunnadd

Found a painted photo of that 25mm mermaid figure from the Italian company, Mirliton, that took over the Grenadier range