In Her Majesty's Name WIP

Started by Roy, 22 June 2013, 12:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

hello all, below is my flamethrower team from my IBEA adventurer's company - they'll be native askari's in red fez and probably khaki with blue puttees. they're probably even more chuffed to not be one of the group armed with the Snider rifle  ;D

as you'll probably all notice the figures are actually scw standard bearers, with the banner polls snipped off, a piece of bbq skewer attached to the rear one's back and then some florists wire connecting them together.

my idea is, the rear fellow carrying the fuel tank has to use the pipe contraption-thingy in his hand as a type of syphon-pump, to supply the actual weapon-end of the flamethrower. anyway, all good fun.

i'll post some more shots - including my JCB light industrial walker mk iiic., that i sculpted out of bluetack around a british army officer from the ww1 range, later on.

[don't expect a top job sculpt, please. but i'm happy with my first attempt at creating a mini using bluetack] cheerio, roy
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Steve J

Really like these as a unit 8). The WWI German flamethrower looks very similar so you are on the right tracks with this.

Roy

the J.C.B. Light Industrial Walker Mk.iiic

i'll be the first to admit it's a bit on the rough side - but once i slap some paint on, and its all mixed up in a game, i wont be bothered too much. obviously the piece of artwork from the In Her Majesty's Name rulesbook [page29 - by J. McGibney] was my inspiration - so much so, in fact, i started working on the piece at twenty to midnight, just before bed [madness].

anyway, the figure is a british [either ww1 or ww2, i forget] officer. the walker i've sculpted is made from some steel pin, a paper-clip, a piece of wood [to bulk out the back, behind the figure] some florist's wire and obviously bluetack. maybe if i'd used modelling putty [or whatever it's called] maybe i'd of gotten a smoother finish. i seem to remember if you apply water to 'green stuff' then it can be smoothed - but i used bluetack, which is known for its adhesive qualities, so i can't grumble too much.

oh, and if i was doing it again, then i'd of done the arms differently. would of tried for a more right-angle at the elbow look, instead of the curve that is modelled. i'll have to do some wonders in the paintjob to show joints and rubbers, i'm thinking?

as to the paint scheme - really tempted to go with the Yellow JCB look, it is an Industrial Walker after all and not the Military variant, so, possibly...
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}