Rules

Started by Ben Waterhouse, 12 March 2010, 10:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Waterhouse

So boys and girls,

What rules? I like CWC, BKC, Lasalle and Real Time Wargames rules...

owaincaesarius

Well for SCW I use "Triumpth of the Will" or a cross between that and "Rapid Fire" depending on my mood.

Graham

Stefanpanzer

10mm equals Blitzkreig and Cold War Commander, with Napoleon's Legacy for Naps and ACW.

Blaker

Howdy Yall,

For WW1, I have been working on a set for the past five years. Almost have them ready, the longest part is the army lists, I should be hit in the head with a shovel!  I decided to create army lists for each nation by front and by years. I settled on two year ranges, 1915-1916 and 1917-1918, it is taking soo long to do these to reflect the changes made in equipment and tactics ;D

They will be a free PDF and are designed for using Pendraken's extensive 10mm WW1 range.

Will post here when they are ready, there is a yahoogroup for the rules, if anyone is interested I could post the group name if allowed to here also.
cya

Leon

Quote from: Blaker on 12 March 2010, 02:12:49 PM
Howdy Yall,

For WW1, I have been working on a set for the past five years. Almost have them ready, the longest part is the army lists, I should be hit in the head with a shovel!  I decided to create army lists for each nation by front and by years. I settled on two year ranges, 1915-1916 and 1917-1918, it is taking soo long to do these to reflect the changes made in equipment and tactics ;D

They will be a free PDF and are designed for using Pendraken's extensive 10mm WW1 range.

Will post here when they are ready, there is a yahoogroup for the rules, if anyone is interested I could post the group name if allowed to here also.
cya

That's fine Blake.  Have you got an advance copy you can email for Dave to look at?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Blaker

Yep, mentioned it to Dave back in November so I guess it is time to send him a beta  ;D

cya

nikharwood

Sounds good Blake  8)

Paint it Pink

I'm trying out "Through the Mud & the Blood" for WW1, and will also see about using it for SCW games too. Back up plan though is to use "Mexicanski", which is an AK47 variant. I've also bought "A Very British Civil War" as a source book for games as well.

I plan on getting "Charlie Don't Surf", but really need slicks, hogs, Little Birds and Cobra's. Riverine monitors to go with the PBRs would be good too.
Unlike some people, I feel under no obligation to pretend that only one war-gaming scale is true, and that any others 6mm/10mm/15mm/25mm are mistaken; or that I know better than people themselves what is right for them to use. The point is precisely for all war-gamers to decide for themselves.

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/

Timbo1974

Quote from: Paint it Pink on 12 March 2010, 09:21:57 PM
I'm trying out "Through the Mud & the Blood" for WW1, and will also see about using it for SCW games too.
Are you using 10mm for Through the Mud & the Blood?  If so how are you basing them?

Timbo

Paint it Pink

So far I've based my British infantry as 3 men to a base for troopers, Big men are singletons, which includes squad sergeants and above. I use 2p pieces for the threes and pennies for the singletons.

Germans are based with two figures on a 2p piece, to represent their better tactical deployment, with Big Men again as singletons on penny pieces.

Not got around to my French yet, I'll probably base according to task and have a mix of two and three figures per 2p piece, to reflect the French mixed organisation, but acknowledging their superior tactical deployment.
Unlike some people, I feel under no obligation to pretend that only one war-gaming scale is true, and that any others 6mm/10mm/15mm/25mm are mistaken; or that I know better than people themselves what is right for them to use. The point is precisely for all war-gamers to decide for themselves.

Timbo1974

Quote from: Paint it Pink on 13 March 2010, 12:12:21 PM
So far I've based my British infantry as 3 men to a base for troopers, Big men are singletons, which includes squad sergeants and above. I use 2p pieces for the threes and pennies for the singletons.
Germans are based with two figures on a 2p piece, to represent their better tactical deployment, with Big Men again as singletons on penny pieces.
Well that settles it then, once I've got my WW2 British and German stuff done I'll be placing an order for their WW1 counterparts.

Do you have any pics of them based up?

Thanks,

Timbo

Paint it Pink

Check out my blog. When I have time I'll post stuff on here too.

Ben Waterhouse

Thanks dears! Food, as they say, for thought.  I think I have "through Mud..." some where under a pile of rubbish; will peruse it more closely....

DanJ

I've used Peter Pig's Square Bashing a bit.

The grid system is a bit off putting and the normal PP pre and post game set ups are a bit irritating but the mechanics work quite well however the overall feel is a bit bland for my taste so I'm working on a set of WW1 rules, currently for the Western Front but once I get the mechanics right the Eastern Front will follow.

I'm aiming them at mutiple brigade actions, upto Diviisonal level with 1 stand with 3 figures repressenting a platoon.  Interestingly I haven't found army lists to be too much of a problem but I've struggled with command and contol and getting a decent amount of friction and fog of war into a game without slowing down the mechanics.

Once I've got a workable set I'll probably offer them here as a PDF and hope for some feedback.

Leon

Quote from: DanJ on 18 March 2010, 01:58:26 PM
I've used Peter Pig's Square Bashing a bit.

The grid system is a bit off putting and the normal PP pre and post game set ups are a bit irritating but the mechanics work quite well however the overall feel is a bit bland for my taste so I'm working on a set of WW1 rules, currently for the Western Front but once I get the mechanics right the Eastern Front will follow.

I'm aiming them at mutiple brigade actions, upto Diviisonal level with 1 stand with 3 figures repressenting a platoon.  Interestingly I haven't found army lists to be too much of a problem but I've struggled with command and contol and getting a decent amount of friction and fog of war into a game without slowing down the mechanics.

Once I've got a workable set I'll probably offer them here as a PDF and hope for some feedback.

Sounds good Dan, keep us informed.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!