Quick review: Warlord Games British Infantry

Started by Ferb, 13 June 2013, 10:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferb

Hi all,

Just added a quick review of these figures to my blog. For those of you who don't want to read it, I liked them.

Ferb

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ferb

Nosher

They are indeed lovely figures and I agree they have that Commando Comic feel about them.

Bolt Action is okay..... but everything I am seeing and hearing about Chain of Command from TFL is looking like they'll be a far preferable set of rules for doing platoon/company sized actions.

An added bonus is that these rules wont have uber-armies like those that are regularly appearing on the Warlord Site ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

TinyTerrain

Steve J and I got to play CofC last weekend, and all I can say is wow. Simple to learn, but plenty of depth, and 30 or so figures plus a recce vehicle or 2 and your set.  Currently moving a load of 15mm to single bases in readiness.

According to Rich at Too Fat Lardies it will be released in August.

Cheers

Craig
Tiny Terrain Models
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Nosher on 13 June 2013, 05:28:00 PM

An added bonus is that these rules wont have uber-armies like those that are regularly appearing on the Warlord Site ;)

That's the problem, Nosher. They've obviously discovered, as FOW did before them, that superhero hype is what sells to the younger element. I have no problem with rulewriters giving certain forces or characters some depth and individuality, but I do object to ridiculous trumpet-blowing and capabilty inflation as a marketing tool.  >:(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net