Show: Colours

Started by Leon, 11 June 2013, 01:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

Good to see everyone this weekend, Mad Lemmey, Steve J, Tiny Terrain, Albie Bach, Eldamarelf, Sean67, and many others.  We also spoke with O Dinas Powys (and his daughter!), and I found him outside on the Sunday afternoon getting some lessons in swordplay! 

We had a good weekend overall, bit quieter than 2012 for Pendraken, bit busier for Minibits, which annoyed Dave no end...!   :D

Shame to hear about more thefts though this year.  Last year we lost £75 worth of Vallejo stuff, this year it was £200 worth of Warlord boxsets from Dave Thomas, and several KR cases from Lesley's Bits Box. 

Aside from that it was a really nice weekend, until the van battery died on the van!  Cue a quick phone call to the AA, and a battery boost from the man in the van, and we were up and away again!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sean67

When will people learn that eventually the thefts will make you guys stop coming to shows and only sell on the net  :'(
Nothing beats talking to traders face to face.
Sad and mad  >:(

Ace of Spades

The strangest to me is that somehow these thieving b******s still think they're involved in a hobby somehow... :-\
It's a whole lot different from what I would call a hobby though.... sad!

Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Quote from: Steve J on 16 September 2013, 12:29:45 PM
More details to follow on my Blog, but the highlight was meeting Bruce Weigle and seeing his wonderful table. Bought a couple of his books, 1859 and 1866, which from a quick glance last night are packed full of wonderful information.

Has anyone got any photos of Bruce's table?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

I'm ashamed to say that I forgot to take pics of the table, but it was his Rossbrun one if that helps? Ditto other tables at the show :(. It did look fantastic though.

mollinary

I walked that field with him a few years ago when he was preparing the scenarios for his books, so I'd really like to see it!

Mollinary

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

That's a bit nice !!!! :-bd :-bd
Cheers - Phil

mollinary

Leon,

That is brilliant, many thanks!

Mollinary

Fenton

Thats all a bit  special
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Hertsblue

Thanks for that, Leon. Looks like there were some outstanding games at the show. Slightly disappointed with Bruce Weigle's game terrain - neat, but not spectacular.  :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Fenton

Did he bring the terrain from the states?...Would have been a buggar to get thru customs if he did
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Fenton on 19 September 2013, 08:45:15 AM
Did he bring the terrain from the states?...Would have been a buggar to get thru customs if he did

Not just Customs, I worked on Heathrow for a few months. I saw how those b****rs treated fragile goods.  >:( >:( >:(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Fenton

Maybe the terrain was nicer and more detailed  until they got heir hands on it