First Look at the WW1 extension!

Started by Leon, 06 June 2013, 12:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've had a couple of batch's of sculpts through for our WW1 extension, so I've managed to get this lot done tonight.  There's a lot more to come in this (full list here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,7401.0.html), so keep an eye on this thread for the latest pics!

First up we've got the Bombers, in Brit, French, German, Austro-Hungarian, Russian and Italian varieties:

Rifle Grenadiers, Brit, French and German:

Next up is a selection of extra infantry poses for each nation.

Early British:

Late British:

Early French:

Late French:

Early German (with a crawling pose which is hard to photo properly!):

There'll be more to come next month, let us know what you think!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Hi Leon

Looking really good. I'm assuming that these will be for sale in the 10 pack rather the 30 pack variety?

Looking forward to:-

Limber riders (any chance of separate weapons like Lewis guns, rifles being available?)
British motor bike and side car
British Lewis gunners
Royal Naval division

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 06 June 2013, 01:36:01 AM
Looking really good. I'm assuming that these will be for sale in the 10 pack rather the 30 pack variety?

Yep, I'd think so at this point.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Baconheimer

Shecky

I'm currently reading, "Home Before the Leaves Fall" and desperately trying to avoid getting sucked into yet another period. This does not help.

Now the question becomes, late war or early war?

fsn

I'm sure they just do this to us (the elephants who support the Pendraken world-disk) to get our juices flowing and our bank balances mewing in terror.

On a purely personal note, I hate poses where one foot is off the ground (Italian grenadier). They're either one broken ankle away from disaster or perpetually glued to ground with ACME's strongest chewing gum.

Also, I never use prone figures except to serve heavy weapons. Some of them look like they're in the receive position.

Not keen on kneeling either.

Or firing.

But these are personal preferences. I am quite tempted by a French force resplendent in blue and red sallying out against field grey hordes in pickelhaubes. Salivating as I type.  =P~
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

HPFlashman

I`m with Shecky...

The temptation is strong with this one.

Repeat to self: These are not the miniatures you`re looking for.  =P~
Best regards,

Harry

Fenton

Very nice especially with GWSH2  now at the printers and nearly ready to go
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Steve J

These look great Leon 8). Will you be updating the WWII ranges at some point as well to add in a few extra poses?

Hertsblue

When you posted "WW1 extension" I thought you were building a conservatory....  8-}
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 06 June 2013, 07:49:28 AM
Will you be updating the WWII ranges at some point as well to add in a few extra poses?

Nothing planned at the moment on those, need to get through WW1 bits first, and then back to Naps.

:(

Leman

Really good as my next planned army is the BEF. Nice one!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leman

Shecky and Flashman need to give this a good look - it's a big anniversary coming up next year!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nosher

Not my period but lovely all the same ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Bernie

I'm currently reading, "Home Before the Leaves Fall" and desperately trying to avoid getting sucked into yet another period. This does not help.

Too late! Just bought lots on early war for centenary of the "Home for Christmas" phase. Will probably do it for our display game for Salute next year