Latest Masters

Started by mart678, 21 May 2013, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Quote from: mart678 on 23 May 2013, 07:12:09 PM
Hi Everyone

Coming Tomorrow pictures of the Otto Melera 105mm M56 used by Argentina in the Falklands, Britian in a lot of the small wars of the 60's, Australia in Nam

Martin

Is that the one with the funky carriage where you can raise or lower the height of the gun like some sort of military transformer?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

fsn

Quote from: Hertsblue on 01 June 2013, 11:23:44 AM
Is that the one with the funky carriage where you can raise or lower the height of the gun like some sort of military transformer?

Is that a bone fide military term - "funky"?  :D

May I also suggest "bitchin'", "smokin'" and "knot-ear"?

"I'd love a bitchin' Centurion with the smokin' 105mm. Pity it's knot-ear." 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

These have arrived safely at Pendraken HQ, so we'll get them into the moulding queue.  Early estimates would be sometime around September I'd think, as we've got so much to get released first.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Thanking you  :D

What on Earth will I do when they become available?  :-\

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 03 June 2013, 05:50:48 PM

Hopefully buy some...  :-\ ;) :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

;D

Yeah, that's planned. I'm just wondering where my wishes will take me after Korea 1950?

From recent posts, I'm quite taken with a 1941 Russian army - so that would mean T35's. Perhaps a Meerkat army from the Battle of Great Fearfulness.  Then again, I'm still lacking a Byzantine army, and some Myceneans in Dendra army. Oh no! British Napoleonics - they're worth a good whinge.

Not that I don't have enough on my proposed purchase list: Ancients, 1944 Western Front, and I'm still toying with some early WWI and perhaps even some ECW.

So may options, so many Pendraken dreams to make reality. 

Hertsblue

The way I look at it, fsn, is that if the Good Fairy were to plonk them all down, fully painted and based, in front of you, you would be bored with them within six months. I probably would. So it's just nice to savour the anticipation. And to know there's yet another period around the corner.....  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

fsn

So true.

Unfortunately for me, I've been reading up about Centurions and all then other conflicts they've been engaged in. Suez '56 is looking good, Golan heights '73 - but then I'd need ....  well you follow me.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Don't forget India Pakistan in the 60's - Aden, Kuwait 1961-2, and and and

IanS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Vulpine

Can't wait to get my hands on a T55!
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

Fenton

Quote from: fsn on 03 June 2013, 05:50:48 PM
Thanking you  :D

You have been mentioning biblical recently...Maybe time to start a leaflet campaign for chariots
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Chad

Fenton

I think Merkava means chariot so don't make fsn
lust for more tanks.

Chad

Fenton

Quote from: Chad on 12 August 2013, 10:26:14 PM

I think Merkava means chariot so don't

Really?....I would like to apologise  to everyone else on the forum if I have started something here...It was late and I wasn't  thinking properly
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Orcs

Quote from: Fenton on 12 August 2013, 10:44:46 PM
Really?....I would like to apologise  to everyone else on the forum if I have started something here...It was late and I wasn't  thinking properly

Don't appologise its been very entertaininge taking the mickey out of FSN, who by the way has taken it all on the chin.   We will need somethign to carry on with once his lusting for Centurions has been sated
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

When he finally does get them, will he go somewhat Pythonesque when firing by saying, "stwike him Centuwion, vewwy woughly!"? :-\