Wish lists

Started by fsn, 17 May 2013, 08:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 17 May 2013, 10:44:26 AM
but nobody likes Aztecs,

FSN - are you trying to give FK a heart attack   :)

I think a wish list of things you want (that are already avaliable) is a brilliant idea.

Then Partners or children (Fathers day is comming) can go on the wish list see what you like.  Order it easilly not worrying if the figures have the correct hat etc ( as you have alreacy done that) and order you a nice present instead of Socks or a Coffee table book on views of Hadrians wall ( as its history?????) .

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 18 May 2013, 07:26:11 PM
FSN - are you trying to give FK a heart attack   :)

Well, someone had to tell him.

What we want is MORE TANKS!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

goat major

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 18 May 2013, 07:26:11 PM

I think a wish list of things you want (that are already avaliable) is a brilliant idea.

So in my case that's the Pendraken website.
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: fsn on 18 May 2013, 10:56:00 PM
Well, someone had to tell him.

What we want is MORE TANKS!

Stop pinching my lines.......

Least Aztecs would be marginally useful, unlike c18th Brits in strange headgear.....although one would need to do more than just Aztecs, it should be called "Mezzo American" and have Toltecs, Incas etc in it.

IanS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Hertsblue

Marginally useful for what - conversion into feather dusters?  :d
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sebigboss79

Quote from: goat major on 19 May 2013, 08:03:05 AM
So in my case that's the Pendraken website.

I join my cause with you dear Sir  ;D

Orcs

Quote from: Hertsblue on 19 May 2013, 11:00:08 AM
Marginally useful for what - conversion into feather dusters?  :d

Keeping FK quiet ?   ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

19 May 2013, 07:43:58 PM #23 Last Edit: 19 May 2013, 07:49:33 PM by fsn
Quote from: ianrs54 on 19 May 2013, 08:41:15 AM
Stop pinching my lines.......

Sorry.

What I want is some Centurions. Tanks. Not Romans with the plume on the wrong way. 

See, it's just not very catchy.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Leon

The Wish List idea is interesting, but we'd have to work out how best to go about it.  The website will currently store what you add to the Basket, so you can fill it and return again at a later date to Checkout, so you could always fill it for your family to pay for?  Having some kind of monitor on every Basket would be tricky, as it would recognise every Basket in the system, whether people had 'Wish List'ed the items or not, and potentially we'd have all sorts of stuff coming through, even though some of it may never have been intended for purchase?

:-\
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

It's a numbers game, and a tool built with experience. The idea is for projected/intended purchases rather than immediate shopping basket purchases.

For me it would help in planning my purchases, and Pendraken should be able to get an idea of overall purchase intentions.

For example, You WHEN you release the Centurion, 27 people add 83 Centurions to their wish list. Within a month, 14 people buy 39 Centurions. Next you release a T62. 35 people add 101 T62s. You know that then hit rate for a Centurion was about 50%, and so you could expect about 17-18 people to buy 50 T62s in the next month.

Like I say, it's a long game, but could be a predictor of sales volumes.

Leon

I think it would require a lot of coding work from Matt, so we'd have to put something like that at the end of the queue, as there's a lot of things we need doing on the website first.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

howayman

Just found something for my wish list. see 10 million views topic.
can i get one of them at the check out or even borrow one for a short while.
oh and Centurions, T55s, Btr50s and some 6 day war infantry all sides BUT the 10 million views topic just keeps me wishing.

Hertsblue

The main problem with wish-lists, and mine in particular, is that they change from day-to-day. Any wish list I devised would be obsolete by the time I could afford to pay for the figures.  :(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

mart678

Hi Everyone

Just to let you know the T54/55 is completed just working on some other stuff then will send it all to LEON if someone can tell me how to get photobucket to work again eg change the settings I will put pictures up

Mart678 aka Martin