Wish lists

Started by fsn, 17 May 2013, 08:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Oi been finking! (people who know me take this as an amber alert.)

If, right, if on the website thingy, there was a "wish list" like them Amazon fellows have then people like me could add things to our wish list and possibly indicate a projected quantity buy. This, I would find very happy making, but realise that the blokes what are stuck with a nosy co-pilot may find this a bit difficult.

Anyway, could the clever Pendraken Web-Fairy cull that list as a general view of what's likely to be ordered in the near future?

Just thinking.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Leon does publish a league table of "most requested" items from time to time. And there's nothing to stop you posting your own individual wish-list whenever you feel the need. Those of us who agree with whatever you propose will happily climb on the bandwagon, and sometimes something even gets done!  :-bd

Otherwise, if there's a particular figure/figures you particularly need or covet, have a word with Techno (Phil) who will, if it's at all possible, do the job for you. 
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

fsn

I wasn't thinking of wish lists for new figures. I was thinking of an intention/hope/desire to purchase.

For example if Pendraken release two new codes say a Centurion tank and an Aztec princess. We (the moonstruck calves who suck at the Pendraken teat) see these new codes and say "I really must get me some of those Centurions!" and so add them to our wish list until Pendraken Ordering Day. We (the German housewife to the Pendraken plumber) get reminders of what we want to buy, and Pendraken get to see that Centurions are very, very desirable, but nobody likes Aztecs, so can pre-cast a number of Centurions to be able to supply us within days of the order being placed. 

Now I do realise that means the Pendraken has to find time to do this extra casting, but I would find it a useful feature, and I think any intelligence on potential customer future purchases could be useful to the casting crew.

Probably stupid, I know. :-[

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 17 May 2013, 10:44:26 AM
but nobody likes Aztecs,

Uh-oh !
Everybody take cover.  ;) ;D
Cheers - Phil.

sebigboss79

If Phil is affordable (his skills I mean) I would consider a Merkava IV and modern Israelis / Syrians / Iraqis / Iranians.....

GordonY

Minifigs do a Merkava III, I just dont like putting Minifigs tanks together. But yeah I'm also waiting for Dave and Leon to get with the program and produce T90s, Merkavas, BMPs, etc etc etc....................

fsn

Gentlemen,

My point was not a plea for additional lines, but for an additional feature on the web site the we (the smokers of the Pendraken poppy) could use to plan our purchasing, and would be a boon for both purchasers and suppliers.

Just imagine. You spend a few days putting together your order on your wish list, and as you press "send" you get an e-mail saying "we knew you were going to do that. They're on the way. In fact, Leon's popping them round now."

Then your doorbell rings, music swells and the Pendraken magic begins anew.     

sebigboss79

goat major

Quote from: Techno on 17 May 2013, 11:47:59 AM
Uh-oh !

He's probably got a point. It's not like anyone's ever asked for them
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Sandinista

Quote from: goat major on 17 May 2013, 08:47:48 PM
He's probably got a point. It's not like anyone's ever asked for them
;D ;D ;D ;D

Techno

I may be wrong.....But I have the sneakiest feeling that someone has asked about Aztecs before. :-\
Maybe it's my old brain playing tricks on me again ! ;)
Cheers - Phiil.

GordonY

18 May 2013, 08:53:34 AM #11 Last Edit: 18 May 2013, 08:55:17 AM by GordonY
Just for Roland who's Google-Fu seems a little weak this weekend

http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=1&CategoryID=3&SubCategoryID=17

Minifigs Merkava III

Yeah I know they tout their lines as 12mm but side by side with Pendraken they are identical in height.

sebigboss79

:o  ???  :-\  :D

Thanks G

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 18 May 2013, 07:38:51 AM
I may be wrong.....But I have the sneakiest feeling that someone has asked about Aztecs before. :-\
Maybe it's my old brain playing tricks on me again ! ;)

Surely not! Aztecs? Nah!

Techno

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm disappearing down into Techno towers' underground shelter.
Someone mail me when the missiles have stopped flying.

Mind you....I do have something just finished (at last) that will just possibly pacify one of the 'Aztecophiles'.....for a little while.
Nothing to do with Aztecs......Think of Peter Pan and Tick-Tock, Tick Tock. (Hah....isn't that how you spell 'Tock' ?)

Cheers - Phil.