28mm Shaolin Monk Greens

Started by clibinarium, 16 May 2013, 11:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clibinarium

Hi all,

Not Pendraken and not 10mm, but I hope Dave and Leon will forgive me putting this up here, given that its for a good cause.

I've sculpted a set of three 28mm Shaolin Monks (though they could perhaps pass for Japanese or Korean monks at a stretch), and I'm auctioning them on eBay.

The genesis of these figures lies in the loss of a friend. About eight weeks ago an instructor at the Taekwondo club I attend, died after a struggle with cancer. He had been ill for just over a year, and it was a big shock. He was only 40. I had mentioned before on the forum that we ran the mararthon

This weekend our club is participating in a charity walk up Slieve Donnard, one of the Mourne Mountains.
I was having real problems getting sponsorship, (working at home and being very busy put a cramp on seeing your friends and family!) so I hit on the idea that I could more usefully contribute by sculpting up some figures and auctioning them off. I wanted them to have a martial arts theme, but thought the subject of Shaolin might be more useful to gamers than modern Taekwondo practitioners.

Unfortunately due to time constraints I had to scale back my original plans from six to three.
All the profits will be going to Marie Curie Cancer Care, I'll not benefit myself financially.
Anyway I hope you like them and hopefully the buyer will cast them up and make them available.
thanks for having a look.

Clibinarium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-28mm-Shaolin-Monks-Original-Greens-with-reproduction-rights-/140977769430?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item20d2ee0bd6

Item number:

Luddite

Interesting sculpts clib.

They'd convert to Jedi pretty easily.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Nice sculpting, might keep an eye on these!

8) ;)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Put a bid in to get the ball rolling Clib - do you have a just giving account for donations or does anyone in your group?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

clibinarium

Down to the last couple of hours for this auction.

Cheers all, especially mad lemmey for getting things kicked off.
Sorry I didn't answer your question sooner; there was no "just giving" account this time, we were just handed sponsorship sheets. Its a pity because the just giving thing made things nice and easy last year when we ran the marathon for a similar cause.