Redesign?

Started by Baconheimer, 14 May 2013, 04:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baconheimer

I seem to remember hearing the Fantasy range was being redesigned, is that true?  If so, what ranges?

Leon

Nope, nothing planned?   :-\

Locg-term, it would be nice to change some of the larger ranges, like the Orcs and Ratmen, to make them fit in with some of the newer ranges a little better.  I might separate the ranges into two sections as well, like an 'Old' and 'New' split.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Baconheimer

ftp://
Quote from: Leon on 14 May 2013, 04:50:18 PM
Nope, nothing planned?   :-\

Locg-term, it would be nice to change some of the larger ranges, like the Orcs and Ratmen, to make them fit in with some of the newer ranges a little better.  I might separate the ranges into two sections as well, like an 'Old' and 'New' split.
Thanks.  Also, would you happen to know the status on order (the massive rat army)?

Leon

I'm currently casting from around the 25/26th, so it'll be early next week before we get to yours I'd think.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Baconheimer

Quote from: Leon on 14 May 2013, 05:40:09 PM
I'm currently casting from around the 25/26th, so it'll be early next week before we get to yours I'd think.

8)
OK, thanks.

badstar

Hello chaps,

As a matter of interest, which of the Fantasy ranges count as being "newer"? I'm guessing Goblins and Sand Orcs at least but any others you could mention?

I ask as I'd love to do try sculpting a range (or two or more!). I have some examples of my work almost ready and will provide pics sometime soon I hope, but it would all be for nought of course if they don't fit in with the Pendraken ranges, newer/older, whichever.

Many thanks for any info,

Regards, Rob.
"What's taters, precious? What's taters, eh?"

Baconheimer

Quote from: badstar on 15 May 2013, 12:05:42 PM
Hello chaps,

As a matter of interest, which of the Fantasy ranges count as being "newer"? I'm guessing Goblins and Sand Orcs at least but any others you could mention?

I ask as I'd love to do try sculpting a range (or two or more!). I have some examples of my work almost ready and will provide pics sometime soon I hope, but it would all be for nought of course if they don't fit in with the Pendraken ranges, newer/older, whichever.

Many thanks for any info,

Regards, Rob.
What sort of ranges were you thinking of?

badstar

I have Evil/Chaotic Knights and barbaric minions in mind, a couple under way already. Aiming for "Eternal Champion" styling. 

But updated Orcs, & Dark Elves, some Evil Dwarves perhaps? I could happily get stuck into any of those.     

Baconheimer

Quote from: badstar on 15 May 2013, 12:51:38 PM
I have Evil/Chaotic Knights and barbaric minions in mind, a couple under way already. Aiming for "Eternal Champion" styling. 

But updated Orcs, & Dark Elves, some Evil Dwarves perhaps? I could happily get stuck into any of those.     
Any of those sound good, especially evil Dwarfs.

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

badstar

You may indeed! I've followed that for some time now, I am still intrigued as to where it may lead....such is Chaos  ;)

Baconheimer

Last I heard, those were not being produced due to not being large enough. :'(

barbarian

Yep. I'm working on it, tough.  8)
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: badstar on 15 May 2013, 12:05:42 PM

The newer ones would be the Goblins, Hill Dwarves, the various Elves, Barbarians, Beestmen, Beggars, Centaurs, Night Orcs, Apes, Sand Orcs, Tribal Lizards and the Undead.

The older ones which would eventually need replacing would be the Orcs, Ratmen, Gnomes and Halflings.  The Dwarf range wouldn't be replaced, as we've got the Hill Dwarves, similarly with the Lizardmen in favour of the Tribal ones instead.

We're always interested in seeing new sculptors, but we don't have much spare in the design budget for the foreseeable future.

badstar

Ok, thanks for that Leon.

Cheers, Rob.