Who do you know?

Started by Leon, 05 May 2013, 04:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev1964

Unfortunately i know nobody but will get to crisis this year so hope to meet some of you chaps there, bit isolated here in Hungary.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Si Tyler

In terms of actually "hands on" type stuff it is limited to Kiwidave and actually talking to Leon in person.

I have just discovered the joys of airsoft so that counts as well for a couple on here ;)

Luddite

You realise of course that 'Scotland' doesn't actually exist in any meaningful legal sense?

Nor does England, Wales or Northern Ireland.

These are 'constituent countries' within the national state of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

'If' or 'when' the Scots 'gain independence' (from what??  What are they currently 'dependent' on that they want out of??) what that actually means is seccession from, and the break up of, a Nation (the UK) they have been a vital and constituent part of for 300 years (after their leaders bankrupted the clans during the Darien Scheme) on the say so of at most 1/13th of the nation's population.  Personally i'd really rather like a say on matter if my nation is going to be broken up.

Mel Gibson has a lot to answer for...

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Techno

Quote from: Luddite on 07 May 2013, 02:25:15 PM
Mel Gibson has a lot to answer for...

I made a 20mm figure of William Wallace for a company that dealt with the Scottish tourist industry quite a few years ago.
It was based on a famous statue of him.

It got back to me that the only complaints about it were......It doesn't look like Mel Gibson in the film does it ?
I liked that ! :P ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

HPFlashman

Circa none... :o

Such is the miserable life of a Norwegian Wargamer (aspiring).  :o :D
Best regards,

Harry

Maenoferren

Hey Flashman I think I might be the closest to you a quick hop skip and a jump across the North sea and we could game  ;D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

HPFlashman

Nothing to laugh about that.  :o

I managed to drive down to Beltring (I think) for a browse on the WG thingy there, the summer of 10 when doing  summerhols in a cottage in Kent. Going on the inboard GPS I managed to get 10 hours of driving and 3 hours of browsing done.  :D
Best regards,

Harry

Maenoferren

the ship that used to come n has stopped now, so to get to Norway I would have to fly from SHetland to Glasgow then back again.....I need a boat then I can redo the journeys that the Shetland bus did... well without the air attacks and the e-boats
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

ronan

Hello
Le Manchou is a friend of mine for many years now. (before he left for China). I think there is someone else, but I don't know his pseudo...  ;)

Last Hussar

Who the hell is Albie?

I have bad news for you.  I don't have any friends apart from Sunjester.  According to my eldest, everyone else is figments of my imagination, unless he has met you and verified your existence.  All Facebook posts are Sj under pseudonyms.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Albie Bach

Quote from: Last Hussar on 28 May 2013, 11:07:05 PM
Who the hell is Albie?

Well it's not my real name.  ;)
I'm the poor sap that does the club website and moderates the discussion group. I also mill around at the club playing mainly 10mm games.
Have you got it yet?

Quote from: Last Hussar on 28 May 2013, 11:07:05 PM
I have bad news for you.  I don't have any friends apart from Sunjester.

I'd say that's more bad luck for you rather than for me.  ;D

Cheers, Colin  :o
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

sunjester

Quote from: Albie Bach on 29 May 2013, 06:51:14 PM

I'd say that's more bad luck for you rather than for me.  ;D

Cheers, Colin  :o
OI!! I resemble that remark.  :Ph