Who do you know?

Started by Leon, 05 May 2013, 04:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbarian

You're so lucky to live in England to attend the shows...
:'( :'(
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sebigboss79

Quote from: barbarian on 05 May 2013, 11:37:54 PM
You're so lucky to live in England to attend the shows...
:'( :'(

Scotland is the country I live in :D  :P

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: sebigboss79 on 05 May 2013, 11:53:38 PM
Scotland is the country I live in :D  :P

Someone HAS TO I suppose.....what's it like with 6months daylight and swarms of midges ?

IanS  :D :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

General Bt Sherman

Well, MooseDontBounce and I game together regularly and I had the pleasure to meet Rothgar68 at Fall-In last fall. That's it for me.

Bryan
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

sebigboss79

Quote from: ianrs54 on 06 May 2013, 08:28:15 AM
Someone HAS TO I suppose.....what's it like with 6months daylight and swarms of midges ?

IanS  :D :D

At least we know summer is on a wednesday :P Last time England had a summer was 1966 and THAT was only due to the ref :P (Germans HAVE to I guess...)

As far as midgets are concerned I hear you and if I had a say we would not let them across the Tay but alas if Independence goes through I volunteer to rebuild Hadrians wall, preferably around Westminster for the greater good of the people in this country...

:D :D :D :D

GordonY

" if Independence goes through "

surely as a Scot you have mistyped here, it should read

" WHEN Independence goes through "

the only down side being we'll be paying customs tax on our Pendraken orders.

FFFFFFFRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sebigboss79

;D Well I am German, not Scottish but still eligible to vote  :-\

No such thing as import tax in EU  ;) . Cannot see how Scotland is refused when other valuable countries are in.
Another way -should taxation come- is to either pick it up or order smaller volumes for which no tax will be charged.... :d

GordonY

Oh there will be a tax, its gonna cost a sodding fortune to rebuild Hadrians wall, to keep out all those English as climate change totally floods all that low lying land.  :P :P

mollinary

Build your own wall, Gordon - I always thought Hadrian's wall was in England! Or are you planning a little expedition?  :-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Maenoferren

Wait while I check......
Anyone else from Shetland?????
hellloooooooooo
Anyone....... hello...... anyone there???
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leman

As far as I know I don't know anyone on this forum other than Leon and Dave, although I do have an affinity to Mad Lemmy as, like him, I am a mid-C19th fan and have been since I was 17 (now 60). In fact at one time I had a pretty big Franco-Prussian collection of Peter Laing figures (all sold now).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks DP, knew I missed someone off the 19th Century list!  :-[
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

GordonY

"Build your own wall, Gordon - I always thought Hadrian's wall was in England! Or are you planning a little expedition?"

It is NOW, but remember that Scotland was once a much bigger place, a point that the big fish cunningly so far hasn't raised, once we have the current Scotland freed from the invaders yoke, we will begin our campaign to free our lesser brethren and reclaim our lost provinces.

England will soon be reduced to the home counties, anyone ever watched "Passport to Pimlico" ? Hilarious old B&W movie.

FREEDOM FOR THE WIRRAL

IanS  :d :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

OldenBUA

07 May 2013, 10:45:16 AM #29 Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 10:47:56 AM by OldenBUA
Quote from: GordonY on 07 May 2013, 08:38:55 AM
...remember that Scotland was once a much bigger place...

Don't want to sound too negative, but IMHO it's best to forget memories like that. If everybody did just that, the world would be a much better place to live in. On the other hand, we would have far fewer options for our games. Anyway, what's the Scottish phrase for 'Heim ins Reich', if I may ask?

Forgot: Might as well answer the original question. I've met Leon and Dave, and I've said hello to Pruneau, but I think that's about it. Maybe next Crisis us Continentals can arrange something?
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.