eBay users?

Started by Leon, 05 May 2013, 04:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Aart Brouwer on 05 May 2013, 06:33:52 PM
...but I think bargains will do better than regular sales on eBay.

That's another option.  One of my suppliers regularly has clearance sales, so I can pick up quite cheap items and offer them at a decent price.  They recently had a load of Warlord and Plastic Soldier Company stuff, so it's not tat that they're offloading either.  There's usually a few things which would easily sell.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

I think you're better off concentrating on decent marketing channels than trying to make a decent return on eBay to be honest - your margins are tight enough as it is (and you've got time pressures as well). I reckon time spent working on promos across various fora / TMP will give you a better exposure than the scattergun approach you'll have to take on eBay - and your increased success will come from repeat custom because of your great customer service; it's not worth worrying about all the hassle for such low profit.

YMMV  8)

WeeWars

Like Salute, eBay is giant marketplace. Use it, rather than let it use you. Use eBay during Minibits sale month to get the name out there. Draw the customers in. See eBay costs as very cheap advertising for the full range.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

i_am_win

Its true that theres a lot of potential exposure from using Ebay, with it being huge and all. Plenty of folks use it as a cheap way of advertising and backlinking too!
Ebay costs for sellers is what put me off doing lots of trading there a few years back, so what ever you decide, good luck!
Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/