Quick Review: 'By Fire & Sword' Swedish skirmish set

Started by Ferb, 03 May 2013, 10:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferb

Hi all,

I've just added a quick review of the Swedish skirmish set for 'By Fire & Sword' to my blog. For those of you who don't want to read it I like the idea and the price but every single model had a thick mould line around it. I won't be buying any more.

Ferb

OldenBUA

Thanks for the review. It does make you wonder if all the figures suffer from this. I had no intention to buy any figures so far (preferring another well known manufacturer in a smaller scale), and this only reinforces that intention. I also found out that the rules PDF with the Kickstarter is just the basic rules, so no army lists, and no historical background. So it looks like I'll have to get the book, but that was planned already. But for the figures, I will certainly want a close up look at what I'm getting before I buy any.

Found another review (from a Dutch guy) and he also mentions lots of flash and quite visible mouldlines. So it doesn't look like a one-off.  :o

Cossack skirmish set review
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Ferb

Since my last post, about the quality of the castings in the 'By Fire & Sword' skirmish set I bought, the manufacturer has been in touch with me and is going to send me a replacement set. So you have to say that's excellent customer service. I'll do another review when they arrive.

Ferb

OldenBUA

That's good news, and good service indeed! Maybe it is a bad batch, and things have improved?
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Bunny

Ferb as I replied on other forums we share I have 2 boxes of Janniseries and 1 of Winged Lancers and hey we're ok. No more flash than I would have expected

Glad the company sorted you oh though, now you have two sets! lol

Serotonin

Ive got 2 skrimish packs (Cossack and Polish) and they are fine with regard to mold lines and flash. You must have just got a duff batch.