Show: Wappinshaw, Glasgow

Started by Leon, 24 March 2013, 07:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Wulf

Sorry you didn't too so well, I tried to help  :D

It was a good show from the punter's perspective, but there were so many more traders (and with a bigger variety of stuff than I remember from previous years) that I guess any spending got diluted per trader...

Leon

Quote from: Mike L on 03 June 2013, 12:25:55 PM
...we actually had about 350 through the door and it was our biggest so far.

Thanks for the info, I was going on second-hand info from another trader to be honest!  That's a lot more than I thought though, what was last year's count for comparison?

Quote from: Mike L on 03 June 2013, 12:25:55 PM
Especially when we discovered that there was a large side door that made emptying the hall so much easier.

I noticed that as we were leaving, it would have made a big difference on the morning as well.  Was there another one of those further down the hall?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Great pics on the earlier link....and some top notch tables too.
Cheers - Phil.

Mike L

Last year was about 250 to 270 (I don't do the accounts). I can remember being pleased at that figure. It just goes to show how much bigger the hall was.
Perhaps the lack of a Bar reduced takings but I do know that some club members were only going to spend what they made at the B&B.

I have no idea about any other side entrances but as the hall is to be redeveloped it might be 2 years before we find out.

Anyway now we start the hunt for another hall.

Leon

Quote from: Mike L on 03 June 2013, 09:27:35 PM
Anyway now we start the hunt for another hall.

Good luck with that, I hope you manage to find something suitable.  As I said above, the show really does have the potential there if it can find a permanent home.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Genom

It may also be a bit too close to Carronade for some? I wasn't able to make either show unfortunately, but if I'd laid out a load at Carronade (My local one) I probably wouldn't have an awful lot of  pocket money saved up for Wappinshaw so my own spending would have been much less, maybe rounding off missed purchases.

I don't know how many travel to either show so I'm not sure on what the numbers affected might be.

Leon

Quick pic of the hall I grabbed early afternoon-ish:

Wulf

Are all the pictures in that set from Wappinshaw? Because if they are I seem to have missed a second hall altogether... the second pic (with the curtained wall) seems to shows a room I never saw...

Hertsblue

Does look a bit thin on the ground. Nice venue, though.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Wulf

There were actually lots of people there, but there was a lot of space between tables, unlike previous venues!

Leon

Quote from: Wulf on 06 June 2013, 08:51:00 AM
Are all the pictures in that set from Wappinshaw? Because if they are I seem to have missed a second hall altogether... the second pic (with the curtained wall) seems to shows a room I never saw...

The other pics are from Triples, I've just popped them all in the same set on Photobucket!

:D

Wulf

Quote from: Leon on 06 June 2013, 04:59:41 PM
The other pics are from Triples, I've just popped them all in the same set on Photobucket!
Very relieved to hear it...  :)