FWI & AWI

Started by GG, 06 June 2010, 02:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GG

How do these two ranges scale up next to each other?

Plus, any pictures (please...) of the FWI range on the Flickr albums?

Leon

Hi, we'll be getting the pictures up on Flickr as soon as possible.  We've just photo's the ECW's, Marlburians are next, then probably some Jacobites.

There are some comparisons of those two ranges here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=105.msg599#msg599 (That took a bit of finding!)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jagger

06 June 2010, 06:12:14 PM #2 Last Edit: 06 June 2010, 06:13:49 PM by Jagger
I have FIW indians and courriers as well as large numbers of AWI.  They will not mix in the same unit with AWI figures.  The FIW are noticeably thinner and shorter than the AWI.  Off the top of my head, I would guess the FIW indians and courriers are 2-3mm shorter than AWI figures.  

I don't have SYW figures but I have wondered if the FIW are of the same build as SYW.

Leon

The SYW/FI War/Marlburian ranges are all the same style and size, and match up perfectly.  The AWI's are a more recent addition, and are a bit bulkier than the others, but they don't look too far off height wise in that link.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jagger

07 June 2010, 04:24:41 AM #4 Last Edit: 07 June 2010, 04:27:49 AM by Jagger
There are some short figures in the AWI line.  I just placed the FIW Indians up against some AWI brits and there was significant difference in height.  I may try a photo tomorrow if I have the time but no promises.

I intended to mix the courriers in with the AWI riflemen but there was too much of a difference to make me happy.  I will use the indians and courreurs with AWI but as separate units.  I won't mix them in with a unit of AWI miniatures.

Jagger

Leon, you are right.  I was going to take some photos and noticed that the indian figures are running or crouching while the AWI figures were standing straight.  If the indians were also standing straight, they would be approximately the same height.  So my mistake.    :o

Leon

No bother, I know that the AWI look bigger, as they are bulkier sculpts.  We'll just have to pretend it's the white man's diet!