Any thoughts on a tag team knockout comp?

Started by ryman1, 04 April 2013, 06:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryman1

Just a thought, I'm wondering whether the good folks at Pendraken might consider a twist to the competition once the next single painter comp is decided........

From the single comp entrants, pendraken judges pick teams of 2 partner painters (from a hat) and pit them against other 2 painters in a knockout competition, no prizes from Pendraken but just for fun and all entries get sent in and auctioned for a charity, kind of like the world cup but on a bigger stage and worthwhile :D
For example.........B & E are grouped together randomly and pit their work against F & C in a last 16/32 comp etc (depending on the amount of entrants).

Just an idea, maybe one for the future?

Cheers

Ry

Techno

A novel idea Ry.
It would certainly be original....Be fun if it could be made to work.

Just not sure whether it would really be feasible to do as regards the judging within a certain time frame. :-\ :-\....Could take ages ?
Any other thoughts chaps ?

Cheers - Phil

kev1964

A nice idea and something i would take part in, i suppose if we picked two armies from two different periods and each team did one of each, say 6 infantry or 3 cav figs per entry or the equivalent in modern era and stuck to a similar basing scheme that would make for a good auction for charity. I,ll leave the organising of judging to the experts  ;D but just an idea,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Bennos figure forum has had this for a good while now people enter then the entries are drawn randomly drawn against each other and the member have a week to cast their votes winners are again drawn against each other then it goes on until there is one entry left
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Sounds like a cool idea, although it sounds like a decent amount of admin needed for it?

:-\
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!