Started by Albie Bach, 02 April 2013, 04:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albie Bach

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Steve J

Duke Speedy of Leighton

No, prefer the last one!  ;)

Great report fella!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Great game, Colin. Those Jagdpanthers take some knocking out!  :'(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Albie Bach

Thanks for the comments  :)

Quote from: mad lemmey on 02 April 2013, 05:18:28 PM
No, prefer the last one!  ;)
Well I asked for that.  ;D

Quote from: Hertsblue on 03 April 2013, 10:37:42 AM
Those Jagdpanthers take some knocking out!  :'(
They were extremely fortunate to knock out the US armour so quickly without taking any casualties or even many hits. The Shermans were caught in the open trying to get to a better position but the Jagdpanthers managed to find soft cover most of the time they were being fired at. They didn't do all the work though. There was supporting fire from the infantry, machine guns and mortars which I didn't go into much detail of.

Cheers, Colin

OldenBUA

03 April 2013, 02:51:17 PM #5 Last Edit: 03 April 2013, 02:55:28 PM by OldenBUA
Interesting that you kept the forces more or less 'as-is' from the original scenario. As it was at first designed for BattleFront WW2, each vehicle is a section (2 vehicles) and infantry is also a section. This means it's somewhere between the two scales that BKC uses. Here each vehicle/infantry unit can be a platoon, or each vehicle just a single vehicle, and infantry a section.

In the end, I don't think it matters much, as each side has roughly the same amount of infantry and armour. But it does mean the relative amounts of armour/infantry changes a bit:

As written, the Germans have an infantry battalion (27 infantry plus supports), a Jagdpanther company (4 vehicles) and a Panther platoon (2 vehicles).
In BKC platoon scale, it would be 9 infantry platoons (plus supports), 2 Jagdpanther platoons and a single Panther platoon.
In BKC section scale, it would be 27 infantry sections (plus supports), 8 Jagdpanthers and 4 Panthers.

The US also has an infantry battalion, but with two Shermans, two M10's and two 57mm ATG's.

So if you think four Jagdpanthers are nasty, just think about what eight of those will do! Or how bad two Jagdpanthers will be if you only have nine infantry to stop them!
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Albie Bach

Yes I used the forces as is from the BattleFront Scenario. As you say, one infantry stand being one squad, but you are right - that doesn't work out the same for armour.
As far as the armour is concerned, I guess I should have down-graded the Panzerjaeger Company to a Platoon (etc) if using that number of vehicles. Fielding twice as many vehicles would have been a very different game.
I had already adjusted the artillery because using the artillery as stated in the scenario for BKC would be over the top, I think.
I'll have a look at that for the future. Thanks.

Techno

I liked it !
Great report Colin.
Cheers - Phil

OldenBUA

Quote from: Albie Bach on 03 April 2013, 04:34:51 PM
Yes I used the forces as is from the BattleFront Scenario. As you say, one infantry stand being one squad, but you are right - that doesn't work out the same for armour.
As far as the armour is concerned, I guess I should have down-graded the Panzerjaeger Company to a Platoon (etc) if using that number of vehicles. Fielding twice as many vehicles would have been a very different game.
I had already adjusted the artillery because using the artillery as stated in the scenario for BKC would be over the top, I think.
I'll have a look at that for the future. Thanks.

Well, it still looked like a very good game to me. As I said, for this scenario, it may not matter all that much as both sides have roughly the same amount of infantry and vehicles. And as you have noticed, with BKC a few good rolls can change the situation completely in the blink of an eye!
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Albie Bach

Thanks again for all the comments.  8)

nikharwood

Albie Bach

Ta Nik
Good to see you are back