Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
21 October 2020, 05:18:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We are now stocking the excellent 1:285th Raiden aircraft ranges!
308622 Posts in 17949 Topics by 2265 Members
Latest Member: siredazirahk
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  Non-Pendraken Stuff
| | |-+  1/72 WW1 Turkish Artillery
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/72 WW1 Turkish Artillery  (Read 4698 times)
SV52
Lieutenant Colonel

« on: 30 March 2013, 11:45:55 PM »

Plastic figures from HaT in an on-going project:

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!
ryman1
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2013, 02:32:31 PM »

Very nice  Smiley

A quick question... I note the blue cuffs, is this representative of the artillery arm or unique to a particular regiment?
I ask as this may be a future project for me (always fancied painting up some Gallipolli types).

Cheers

Techno
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2013, 02:43:23 PM »

Very nice job !!
Cheers - Phil.
SV52
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2013, 03:45:53 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys. Cheesy

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!
SV52
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2013, 04:02:40 PM »

Very nice  Smiley

A quick question... I note the blue cuffs, is this representative of the artillery arm or unique to a particular regiment?
I ask as this may be a future project for me (always fancied painting up some Gallipolli types).

Cheers

Blue is the arm of service colour for artillery;  '...branch of service was indicated by coloured collars for officers and on the edging of officers kalabak, collar patches for the other ranks. The basic branch colour of the Infantry was olive green, of machine-gun companies grass green, of the cavalry light grey, and of the artillery dark blue. Ranks of officers was indicated by silver pips and golden braiding on shoulder-boards. (Members of the General Staff had Red braids on their trousers.)...'  Sources are somewhat unclear about when the various types were used, so I'll end up with a mix.

Version 1

Version 2

Non-comissioned officers are distinguished from rank and file by having coloured shoulder straps, of distinctive colour for the arm to which they belong. To distinguish the various grades of non-commissioned officers, broad transverse bands are added (gilt for combatant ranks, silver for non-combatant). Sergeants have one band, assistant sergeant-majors two bands, and sergeant-majors three bands. Corporals have no band. The shoulder straps are bordered with red edging, and sergeant-majors also wear a red tassel to their side orms.
A further distinction of bands of distinctive colour above the cuffs is also now being introduced : in this case a corporal will have one broad band, a sergeant one broad and one narrow, an assistant sergeant-major two broad, and a sergeant-major three broad bands.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!
mollinary
Major General

« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2013, 04:05:31 PM »

Those look great, plastics have obviously improved a lot since my day, and your painting really shows it off!

Mollinary
Steve J
General

« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2013, 04:15:05 PM »

Very nicely done considering they are on 'soft' plastic. I particulalry like the officer and the prone spotter Smiley.

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!
ryman1
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2013, 05:15:56 PM »

Blue is the arm of service colour for artillery;  '...branch of service was indicated by coloured collars for officers and on the edging of officers kalabak, collar patches for the other ranks. The basic branch colour of the Infantry was olive green, of machine-gun companies grass green, of the cavalry light grey, and of the artillery dark blue. Ranks of officers was indicated by silver pips and golden braiding on shoulder-boards. (Members of the General Staff had Red braids on their trousers.)...'  Sources are somewhat unclear about when the various types were used, so I'll end up with a mix.

Version 1

Version 2

Non-comissioned officers are distinguished from rank and file by having coloured shoulder straps, of distinctive colour for the arm to which they belong. To distinguish the various grades of non-commissioned officers, broad transverse bands are added (gilt for combatant ranks, silver for non-combatant). Sergeants have one band, assistant sergeant-majors two bands, and sergeant-majors three bands. Corporals have no band. The shoulder straps are bordered with red edging, and sergeant-majors also wear a red tassel to their side orms.
A further distinction of bands of distinctive colour above the cuffs is also now being introduced : in this case a corporal will have one broad band, a sergeant one broad and one narrow, an assistant sergeant-major two broad, and a sergeant-major three broad bands.

Thanks very much, saved for reference.  Thumbs up

Hertsblue
Lieutenant General

« Reply #8 on: 31 March 2013, 06:41:48 PM »

Very nice. A far cry from the old Airfix plastics.  Wink

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net
Fenton
Lieutenant General

« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2013, 06:53:09 PM »

Really beautiful work

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!
SV52
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #10 on: 01 April 2013, 10:33:17 PM »

Cheers guys.  Airfix who? Sadly I'm old enough to remember their early sets like Guards' Colour Party and Band Cry

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!
Vulpine
Major

« Reply #11 on: 02 April 2013, 07:40:41 AM »

Very nicely painted indeed matey! Thanks for the background info also.

You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: