Started by SV52, 30 March 2013, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV52

Plastic figures from HaT in an on-going project:

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

ryman1

Very nice  :)

A quick question... I note the blue cuffs, is this representative of the artillery arm or unique to a particular regiment?
I ask as this may be a future project for me (always fancied painting up some Gallipolli types).

Cheers

Techno

SV52

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

SV52

Quote from: ryman1 on 31 March 2013, 02:32:31 PM
Very nice  :)

A quick question... I note the blue cuffs, is this representative of the artillery arm or unique to a particular regiment?
I ask as this may be a future project for me (always fancied painting up some Gallipolli types).

Cheers

Blue is the arm of service colour for artillery;  '...branch of service was indicated by coloured collars for officers and on the edging of officers kalabak, collar patches for the other ranks. The basic branch colour of the Infantry was olive green, of machine-gun companies grass green, of the cavalry light grey, and of the artillery dark blue. Ranks of officers was indicated by silver pips and golden braiding on shoulder-boards. (Members of the General Staff had Red braids on their trousers.)...'  Sources are somewhat unclear about when the various types were used, so I'll end up with a mix.

Version 1

Version 2

Non-comissioned officers are distinguished from rank and file by having coloured shoulder straps, of distinctive colour for the arm to which they belong. To distinguish the various grades of non-commissioned officers, broad transverse bands are added (gilt for combatant ranks, silver for non-combatant). Sergeants have one band, assistant sergeant-majors two bands, and sergeant-majors three bands. Corporals have no band. The shoulder straps are bordered with red edging, and sergeant-majors also wear a red tassel to their side orms.
A further distinction of bands of distinctive colour above the cuffs is also now being introduced : in this case a corporal will have one broad band, a sergeant one broad and one narrow, an assistant sergeant-major two broad, and a sergeant-major three broad bands.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

mollinary

Those look great, plastics have obviously improved a lot since my day, and your painting really shows it off!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Very nicely done considering they are on 'soft' plastic. I particulalry like the officer and the prone spotter :).

ryman1

Quote from: SV52 on 31 March 2013, 04:02:40 PM
Blue is the arm of service colour for artillery;  '...branch of service was indicated by coloured collars for officers and on the edging of officers kalabak, collar patches for the other ranks. The basic branch colour of the Infantry was olive green, of machine-gun companies grass green, of the cavalry light grey, and of the artillery dark blue. Ranks of officers was indicated by silver pips and golden braiding on shoulder-boards. (Members of the General Staff had Red braids on their trousers.)...'  Sources are somewhat unclear about when the various types were used, so I'll end up with a mix.

Version 1

Version 2

Non-comissioned officers are distinguished from rank and file by having coloured shoulder straps, of distinctive colour for the arm to which they belong. To distinguish the various grades of non-commissioned officers, broad transverse bands are added (gilt for combatant ranks, silver for non-combatant). Sergeants have one band, assistant sergeant-majors two bands, and sergeant-majors three bands. Corporals have no band. The shoulder straps are bordered with red edging, and sergeant-majors also wear a red tassel to their side orms.
A further distinction of bands of distinctive colour above the cuffs is also now being introduced : in this case a corporal will have one broad band, a sergeant one broad and one narrow, an assistant sergeant-major two broad, and a sergeant-major three broad bands.

Thanks very much, saved for reference.  :-bd

Hertsblue

Very nice. A far cry from the old Airfix plastics.  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

SV52

Cheers guys.  Airfix who? Sadly I'm old enough to remember their early sets like Guards' Colour Party and Band :'(

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Vulpine

Very nicely painted indeed matey! Thanks for the background info also.
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!