Show: Triples, Sheffield

Started by Leon, 24 March 2013, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

Pretty good weekend for us, a little busier than last year, although the Sunday was very quiet.  There were apparently around 1200-1400 through the doors in total, which is a little low I'd think, and there seemed to be a lot of traders who were unhappy with the weekend overall.  I don't know if it reignites the 2-day shows question again, or if it's the proximity to the Partizan show which is having the most effect?

Quote from: moocifer on 19 May 2013, 12:33:43 AM
Thanks for sorting me out with those sci-fi figures.   ;)

No worries!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Alan

I managed to resist a second visit to the stand after collecting my order... then adding to my order whilst you were bagging my order... why oh why oh why bring those cavalry.  :o My kids will have to go without shoes for school now...

Its a wierd show for me. It just doesn't feel comfortable somehow. I don't know what it is (discount the mad max people, who were having great fun but after a big night out the evening before I wasn't ready for that), maybe its because the hall is rented and other stuff is going on in the building whilst you are there. The balcony above the main hall on the sunday had some kids from the institute (of sport not of bad behaviour) spitting on people below. I had a dart thrown at me when I was in the away end at the old middlesborough ground, so spitting isn't so bad, but you don't need it really do you?

I talked to a few others who went as well, and the vibe is that something just doesn't feel right.

ho hum...

Leon

21 May 2013, 04:29:03 AM #17 Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 02:04:07 AM by Leon
I got a couple of pics of the halls at Triples this weekend, so here's a couple of the main hall:

And the second hall:

And we also had a surprise visit from War Machine as well...

... which wasn't quite as impressive when you realised he couldn't see where he was going, and was relying on a helper to make sure he didn't fall over any tables.   :D

We also grabbed another couple of recruits for the 08/15'ers...

8)

There are also a load of pics on various other websites and blogs, including:

The Wargaming Megalomaniac: http://thewargamingmegalomaniac.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/sheffield-triples.html
Chris Sutherland's blog: http://blog.cjsutherland.co.uk/sheffield-triples-wargames-show-photos/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

moocifer

Its quite strange as I've been reading grumblings in various places re: Triples this year ..  but for me it was probably my most enjoyable show for years.  The only downside was the parking fee.

Partizan is always a let down, so much so that unless I have a heap of stuff to collect I have no intention of ever attending again in the future.  The venue is too small and cramped, and traders very rarely have anything but mainstream stuff on show to buy.

As for Pendraken ..  I would have spent more if there would have been more available, but not worries I'll either place an online order for some WWI Frenchies or arrange to collect at another venue later in the year.   8)