Cleaning the minis

Started by count_zero99uk, 03 June 2010, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

count_zero99uk

Ive normaly dealt with 28mm or 20mm minis, do you bother cleaning with file and knife, and if any tips so you dont rub someones face off.

Thanks
Brian.

lentulus

I do  a bit of cleaning, but little is needed - save the bases, which almost always need a quick pass with a file.  I have never had a problem with loss of detail - serious problems are very rare with Pendraken product.   I presume you use a very small file and by hand?

count_zero99uk

Yeah, i think i was jumping the gun somewhat with this post, the skeletons ive almost finished (FU1) needed none.  So maybe im just used to needing to file of flash on the 28mm's.

Ill post some pics of these when ive finished them later today.

Personaly i think they look great, my first 10mm

nikharwood

Agree - you'll find little in the way of flash on Pendraken...although you'll get mould lines from time-to-time: trick is that you'll get more consistency than you're used to - so if you spot something on the first figure, you'll likely need to take it off all of them - although, with 10mm, it's *way* less noticeable of course: main features to look for I'd suggest: lines on headgear [top of head is prominent on 10mm on-table] & back of trailing leg [ditto]...

It must be said though, that the vast majority of the time you can prep PD figures with two swift passes of the knife: first to the base, second usually to mould-line on head/hat/helmet